Jaguars clinch first overall selection in 2021 Draft

RaidersAreOne

On 12/27/2020 at 6:52 PM, pwny said:

If they do this, I’m getting my tattoo lasered off. 

*no ragrets.jpg*

On 12/28/2020 at 6:01 AM, ET80 said:

I'm really thinking Dabo Swinney has got to be the clubhouse leader for this opening.

This was my first thought. It's time and would be a great hire. 

4 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

This was my first thought. It's time and would be a great hire. 

My personal belief is that he will fail - miserably - as an NFL HC. 

There are guys who are made for CFB. Dabo comes off as that sort of guy.

29 minutes ago, ET80 said:

My personal belief is that he will fail - miserably - as an NFL HC. 

There are guys who are made for CFB. Dabo comes off as that sort of guy.

Tbh, I’ve never bought into him as a “HC” type at that level, and the same for Saban, due specifically to the fact that while both are great college coaches, 90+% of that is due to recruiting. While that’s a huge strength and part of college coaching, it’s not translatable at the next level.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

No battlescars required for a desire to see Jacksonville not trip over themselves. I also like it when the Titans, and Chargers are good. 

Why? Those franchises are entirely forgettable.

I'd rather see Lawrence be good because bad football is worse than good football, but Jacksonville (and let's be real, the entire AFC South) is more or less the NFL's afterthought.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Tbh, I’ve never bought into him as a “HC” type at that level, and the same for Saban, due specifically to the fact that while both are great college coaches, 90+% of that is due to recruiting. While that’s a huge strength and part of college coaching, it’s not translatable at the next level.

Exactly.

Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson - they're going to be good because they have a significant talent advantage over everyone else. Their 2-3 deep usually have about 6-10 future NFL guys, with 3-4 as future FRPs.

The ability to continually bring in talent like that is a feather in their cap, but with salary caps and a draft, you can't just load up and go...

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Exactly.

Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson - they're going to be good because they have a significant talent advantage over everyone else. Their 2-3 deep usually have about 6-10 future NFL guys, with 3-4 as future FRPs.

The ability to continually bring in talent like that is a feather in their cap, but with salary caps and a draft, you can't just load up and go...

IMO, look at guys like Matt Campbell who have great success and the ability to win with a bunch of 3 stars, and guys who know how to work with young men and other people. JMHO

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

IMO, look at guys like Matt Campbell who have great success and the ability to win with a bunch of 3 stars, and guys who know how to work with young men and other people. JMHO

Matt Rhule also comes to mind... I don't think anyone would look at his season in Carolina and think he didn't do a good job with the hand he was dealt.

Just now, ET80 said:

Matt Rhule also comes to mind... I don't think anyone would look at his season in Carolina and think he didn't do a good job with the hand he was dealt.

Absolutely! Guys who were able to build programs, motivate/schematically do some things, something that they can hang their hats on more than “Build the fastest team in America” (Urban’s quote above his office)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Exactly.

The idea of a fully functioning adult with money and options to go anywhere willingly listening to a word that comes out of Dabo Sweeney's snake mouth baffles me.

• Like 1