Jaguars clinch first overall selection in 2021 Draft

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

I wonder how much this would impact the NFL footprint in the UK. if Jlaw lives up the hype and the Jags become yearly contenders...could end up with a whole generation of Europeans becoming die hard Jags fans...they could end up like the Rockets and Chinese fans due to Yao Ming

He’s going to have a huge impact on Jax. Ticket sales are going to be through the roof. 

3 minutes ago, biggie. said:

And Gabbert and Bortles were first round quarterbacks. Not on par as a prospect as Lawrence, but he could easily end up being on that list in five years.

There's nothing wrong with being excited about having the first pick and landing a highly hyped prospect. However, actually rooting for your team to lose is bush league.

Please forgive me

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, biggie. said:

And Gabbert and Bortles were first round quarterbacks. Not on par as a prospect as Lawrence, but he could easily end up being on that list in five years.

There's nothing wrong with being excited about having the first pick and landing a highly hyped prospect. However, actually rooting for your team to lose is bush league.

I look at it differently. They aren't rooting for their team to lose, they are rooting for the long-term interest of the team. 

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I look at it differently. They aren't rooting for their team to lose, they are rooting for the long-term interest of the team. 

Great way to phrase it. Beating the Texans week 5 would have been a fleeting W at most... this situation? This is suddenly putting you in the playoff discussion on a yearly basis.

Jags have some firepower on offense, so Lawrence will have tools to work with. 

My only hope as a fan in division is that someone in Jax overthinks it and takes Fields or Wilson. Long shot... but it's possible.

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Great way to phrase it. Beating the Texans week 5 would have been a fleeting W at most... this situation? This is suddenly putting you in the playoff discussion on a yearly basis.

My only hope as a fan in division is that someone in Jax overthinks it and takes Fields or Wilson. Long shot... but it's possible.

They owe it to Glennon to give him one more year to compete for a starting role before they blow it up and start over with a high draft pick--wasted pick if you ask me smdh.  Don't be cute: grab the generational tackle in Sewell and see what the two-headed monster of Glennon & Minshew can do with some protection.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yeah the cupboard is definitely not bare. Chark and Shenault are a good 1/2, James Robinson is a good back.  Solidify the OL in the offseason and that team becomes a problem in the AFCS.  They get Allen back next year so I would concentrate on the interior DL and the backend on D.  They could have a very quick turn around with good decisions.  Probably the top GM and HC job available this offseason.

9 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Yeah the cupboard is definitely not bare. Chark and Shenault are a good 1/2, James Robinson is a good back.  Solidify the OL in the offseason and that team becomes a problem in the AFCS.  They get Allen back next year so I would concentrate on the interior DL and the backend on D.  They could have a very quick turn around with good decisions.  Probably the top GM and HC job available this offseason.

The secondary needs a ton of help. Henderson will be good but besides that, a whole bunch of meh. 

The DL has some young guns with a ton of potential with Josh Allen, Chaisson and Hamilton. A penetrating 3T is desperately needed.

The OL is in decent shape. Linder and Norwell have been very good. Taylor needs to progress at RT. LT might need to be addressed if Cam Robinson leaves and an upgrade at RG over Cann.

We will be more competitive next year but I think 2022 we make noise.

As of now, we have 4 picks in the top 45.  

Some GM is going to be walking into a great situation.

Edited by KhanYouDigIt
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Good for them. Now you just have to hope that Lawrence pans out. I really don't believe he's a "can't mass prospect" like many people do, but if he can be as good as someone like Andrew Luck (a lot of people are saying the best prospect since Luck) then that would be great for Jacksonville.

Do you say this because you just don't believe in can't miss prospects or just not a Lawrence believer?

2 hours ago, biggie. said:

Lol. You’re in the significant minority here. Trevor Lawrence is a guy who could save this franchise. A win for a 1-13 team doesn’t do that. He gives this franchise hope that it has lacked for pretty much ever.