Week 16 SNF GDT: Tennessee Titans (10-4) at Green Bay Packers (11-3)

BayRaider

Week 16 SNF GDT: Tennessee Titans (10-4) at Green Bay Packers (11-3)  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Green Bay Packers
    • Tennessee Titans

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/28/2020 at 01:34 AM

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Mariota was a bit of a weird empty calorie stats guy at times IMO. He had a crazy stat day at a game in Houston that I went to and he did almost nothing to help his team win that day.

His amazing numbers led his team to 17 points and only 17 points (or something like that)

Tannehill has been a huge upgrade

lol i remember that one. he completed all of his passes or maybe all but one, something crazy like that, and yeah it was totally worthless. to be honest though it's not like he usually even put up good numbers. that was a weird game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnCena said:

If you're gonna do that to twist the narrative do you also want to mention Ryan Tannehill stats when he was in Miami? This honestly just proves what a big help Henry has been for Tannehill, if you have a running back like that it makes your job as a QB so much more easier. 

I agree with you on a lot of stuff but this aint it man. Tannehil and Henry help each other equally. Henry never broke 5 ypc before Tannehil. Tannehil has been nearly flawless on his 25 games with the Titans, and is no question a Top 10 QB. Probably 7-8. And a Top 5 MVP contender two years in a row. 

Tannehil is great at throwing deep, he had the second best YPA last year in Super Bowl Modern Era History. He’s great at tight window throws. And he’s a very smart QB. 

He was surrounded by trash in Miami. Trash talent and trash coaching. Taking anything he did in Miami and applying it now is living off the past. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

I was agreeing with you and presenting a time when it occurred more relevant to the discussion about it happening frequently.

This team is much better against good teams than they were previously when they were led by Marcus, albeit they still falter as of late. 

5 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

So I went about 10 players deep on your weapons and you are nitpicking about the backup TE who shares time as the backup with another dude?

OK!

I just don't understand your point.  There were a lot of question marks going into this season, including if Rodgers was falling off a cliff and the lack of weapons in the offense, which were both legit concerns.  The entire world said they drafted terribly.  Saying that some weapons emerged and Rodgers is playing as an elite QB are both true statements, if someone argues otherwise they are wrong.  If I missed people still saying Rodgers still has no weapons after week 16, my bad.  Just felt like you were arguing against no one and then throwing Marcedes Lewis in there made me laugh.  

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

lol i came with numbers that refute your lazy, half-baked claim that you developed despite admitting that you don't even watch the team, but i'm "twisting the narrative." bye dude.

Just because you don't like the take it's "lazy and half-baked" lmao.

Yes I said I don't watch a lot of there games I'm being honest if you consider that lazy so be it, but if you want to refute my take that Ryan Tannehill would be worse on another team and is only having this much success because of Derrick Henry than maybe you should start off by explaining to me why he only had 123 touchdowns to 75 interceptions when he was playing for the Dolphins. I have quantitative data from his time on another team which proves my take yet you want to claim lazy take. Like I said if he didn't have the help he currently has with Derrick Henry rushing for almost 2000 yards, he would not be the same QB. Last year he led the QB in playaction yards, attempts, etc. If you wanna call my take lazy at least provide a discernable rebuttal. You pulling up Derrick Henry before and after stats of Tannehill really does not prove anything, or are you really tryna sit here and seriously tell me that with a different QB the Titants would have lost to the Patriots and Ravens in the playoffs last year?

17 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'd argue that this game is exactly what I mean about how good Henry is. We're talking about Green Bay stopping him (which they are, mind you) but he's still got 98 yards on 23 carries. There are a lot of elite RBs who have a good day at work with those numbers.

It's disappointing for Henry.

Eh, nothing jumped off the page as special tonight. And in a game when you’re almost always down two scores, you want a back that can contribute in the passing game. Or else you’re averaging 4.3 yards per carry and just slowly bleeding the clock until you’re dead. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I agree with you on a lot of stuff but this aint it man. Tannehil and Henry help each other equally. Henry never broke 5 ypc before Tannehil. Tannehil has been nearly flawless on his 25 games with the Titans, and is no question a Top 10 QB. Probably 7-8. And a Top 5 MVP contender two years in a row. 

Tannehil is great at throwing deep, he had the second best YPA last year in Super Bowl Modern Era History. He’s great at tight window throws. And he’s a very smart QB. 

He was surrounded by trash in Miami. Trash talent and trash coaching. Taking anything he did in Miami and applying it now is living off the past. 

Tannehill has a 34.4% deep ball completion this year which ranks 26th, I'm not saying he's a trash QB I just stated in my earlier post that he's not a top 5 QB to which some Titans fans got offended I agree with you on the fact that he's 7-8 I'd put him in the top 10 but my original post was about not putting him in the top 5 that's it, I even stated he's in the top 5 in MVP race currently earlier but apparently saying that Henry makes him better is a lazy take to which I had to provide a rebuttal. 🤦‍♂️

16 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Well, I thought he'd either step up for be a petulant child and throw a hissy, in which case it's like, okay screw you anyways then you baby.

And I never really saw it so much of an actual physical decline (maybe this season on the very periphery, but not much), but rather a mental thing. Like he was comfortable just clocking in, and just kinda doing his best when the lights were on, and maybe a series of insane ridiculous throws wins them a few more games above .500 and gets them a playoff berth. Maybe they win a game maybe they don't. He just seemed very "content".

And with a crap defense that has constantly been letting you down, and without a really good set of receiving weapons, I can understand getting to that point. I still don't think our receivers are very good at all outside of Adams (who, don't get me wrong, is REALLY good). But he seems willing to work with them and get the absolute most out of a corps of players that are ultimately quite flawed.

My opinion, I don't think Lazard has hit his peak yet and is still growing as a player.  Outside of Adams, I personally like his potential the best out of all of them. 

But you're right, Rodgers does seem to make it work, regardless  of who he surrounded with.  Absolutley.  What's funny is about ~10 years ago I used to criticize Rodgers for not being able get the most out his receivers and thought he was actually being propped up by them when you guys had Jennings, Driver, and another guy who I can't seem to think of at the moment---you guys were STACKED. 

But then suddenly those players were weeded out and I started seeing him get the most of Cobb. And then Jordy come out of no where and become a star. And then Adams became a star. And now he's bringing out the best of all of the WRs that he has with Lazard, MVS, etc.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

My opinion, I don't think Lazard has hit his peak yet and is still growing as a player.  Outside of Adams, I personally like his potential the best out of all of them. 

But you're right, Rodgers does seem to make it work, regardless  of who he surrounded with.  Absolutley.  What's funny is about ~10 years ago I used to criticize Rodgers for not being able get the most out his receivers and thought he was actually being propped up by them when you guys had Jennings, Driver, and another guy who I can't seem to think of at the moment---you guys were STACKED. 

But then suddenly those players were weeded out and I started seeing him get the most of Cobb. And then Jordy come out of no where and become a star. And then Adams became a star. And now he's bringing out the best of all of the WRs that he has with Lazard, MVS, etc.

For the first half-ish of his career, Rodgers was afforded a REALLY nice array of weapons. Not just in how good they were individually, but how their skillsets and where they worked best on the field complimented each other (an underrated/overlooked aspect of building a receiving corps). When he was just getting started he had Driver, Jennings, Jones, and just-drafted Nelson. Then by 2014 he had prime Jordy complimented by Cobb, with rookie Davante. Now Cobb isn't great if he has to be your lead dog, but if you have a guy with the skillset of Jordy who can take secondary pressure off the LOS, Cobb THRIVED.

But 2015 it all came crashing down. Jordy shredded his knee in the preseason, and without him there Cobb got absolutely smothered. It was a super disappointing because I was looking forward to seeing Rodgers thrive despite a lack of weapons. And really, he didn't need an option as good as Nelson necessarily, but he at least needed SOMETHING viable that had a similar skillset, as far as being a deeper threat/boundary receiver.

The WR corps has never really recovered, but Adams has certainly been THE bright spot, and I think Rodgers has kinda learned how to make the most out of whatever he has in a given year.

• Like 1