Week 17: Win or Go Home

MKnight82

5 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Still, I feel to move on from the Redskins name completely, burgundy and gold have to go in favor of red, white, and navy blue (the same colors of Washington's other big 4 teams and the American flag)

I don’t see that happening but, I wouldn’t be against it. The Burgundy & Gold colors is the one thing Washington - the organization & the fans - kept from the name change, I don’t see the colors changing.

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

This continues to be the worst take on the forum, I wish it would end but I do understand that no matter how much proof I’d put forth some will be stubborn and won’t realize they’re wrong.

I feel that even if Kirk ever goes on a long playoff run longer than just winning one playoff game - something that Alex Smith hasn’t done since 2011 & 2015 when he won playoff games for the 49ers & Chiefs - that some would still find a way to not acknowledge Kirk’s accomplishments. I guess it’s the same what some won’t acknowledge that while Alex isn’t elite either, he is better than what most claim him to be.

If people took the time to actually look it up, Alex’s playoff record is not any better than Kirk Cousins’s, the two are more alike than they are different other than Kirk throws the ball more downfield than Alex does.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/qb-records.html?type=post

Alex Smith’s playoff record is 2-7 (29%). Kirk Cousins’s record is 1-3 (33%) in the playoffs, as is Dak Prescott’s. Matt Stafford and Andy Dalton are 0-3 and 0-4 in the playoffs. Just puttin it out there.

You can put out any & all evidence supporting Kirk as not being a choke job & I'll never believe it, turtle.

From kneeling it right before half time, in FG range, to sack fumble Fletcher Cox returned fumble TD vs Philly on a final drive to win the game.

Let me put it too you this way, turtle...

If I needed a TD to win the game.

Score was 24-20....

We had the ball....

And I had to choose between Kirk Cousins & Dewayne Haskins to get it done.

I would go Haskins

21 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

You can put out any & all evidence supporting Kirk as not being a choke job & I'll never believe it, turtle.

From kneeling it right before half time, in FG range, to sack fumble Fletcher Cox returned fumble TD vs Philly on a final drive to win the game.

Let me put it too you this way, turtle...

If I needed a TD to win the game.

Score was 24-20....

We had the ball....

And I had to choose between Kirk Cousins & Dewayne Haskins to get it done.

I would go Haskins

You’re delusional. One guy has actually accomplished that task a dozen times in his career and guess what, it isn’t Haskins!

You say Kirk isn’t a winner yet, he’s been to the playoff twice, won a playoff game & had 3 winning seasons as a starting QB in 6 years as a starter.

And the years he didn’t have a winning season as a starter he was either .500 or a game w/in .500.

And you’re taking Haskins over Cousins?

You’re not thinking straight. The stats speak for themselves. Kirk even has a better winning % right now in the playoffs than Alex Smith.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

We're going to lose to the B team

The only player who’s been ruled out is Thomas Davis which as we know is no big loss.

With Alex, Terry, KPL & AGG being questionable my guess is that they play.

Edited by turtle28

Washington signed Inman to the practice squad Wednesday, Sam Fortier of The Washington Post reports. Inman was cut by the Football Team just five days ago, but, as expected, he's now back as a member of the practice squad.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/dontrelle-inman-joins-practice-squad/amp/

If it were up to me, Inman would be active over AGG on Sunday. I didn’t agree with cutting Inman to begin with.

Edited by turtle28

The Eagles are playing this smart. They can only hurt their franchise by winning. Unfortunately for them they don’t understand our futility in prime time games. If Alex Smith doesn’t play I expect us to lose. I have no faith in Heinecke at all. Schwartz will eat him alive if he starts. 

• Like 1