Week 17: Win or Go Home

MKnight82

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

All cards on the table, I'd rather have the Cowboys go if not us: a) they were supposed to get there anyway b)it's a good story for Dalton c) Jones sucks and it'll piss me off if he's a QB in the playoffs.

I would rather Dallas go to the playoffs  if we don’t too bc that means they won’t have a top 10 pick where they can draft Justin Fields or Zach Wilson. 

I think the Giants will stick with Daniel Jones as their starter through his rookie deal to see if he can develop into a good starter before moving on, so I’m not worried about them taking one of the top 3 QBs high.

Edited by turtle28

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I would rather Dallas go to the playoffs  if we don’t too bc that means they won’t have a top 10 pick where they can draft Justin Fields or Zach Wilson. 

I think the Giants will stick with Daniel Jones as their starter through his rookie deal to see if he can develop into a good starter before moving on, so I’m not worried about them taking one of the top 3 QBs high.

That's a good way to look at it even if on my end I think Dak is back in Dallas.

25 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That's a good way to look at it even if on my end I think Dak is back in Dallas.

I don’t know. I don’t think Jerry wants Dak to be his QB anymore and that’s entirely up to Jerry. Jerry hasn’t won with Dak, Jerry is real quick to move on from a QB if he thinks he can’t win with them. I also don’t think Jerry wants to make Dak the 2nd highest paid QB in the league after Mahomes bc he knows while Dak is good, he isn’t $40 million a year elite.

28 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t know. I don’t think Jerry wants Dak to be his QB anymore and that’s entirely up to Jerry. Jerry hasn’t won with Dak, Jerry is real quick to move on from a QB if he thinks he can’t win with them. I also don’t think Jerry wants to make Dak the 2nd highest paid QB in the league after Mahomes bc he knows while Dak is good, he isn’t $40 million a year elite.

I'm really interested in how that plays out in Dallas you could look at it as with Dak they be contenders this year,or could look at it like Without their LT RT and All Pro OG they still almost made the playoffs with Dalton so why pay Dak top 5 money

16 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I'm really interested in how that plays out in Dallas you could look at it as with Dak they be contenders this year,or could look at it like Without their LT RT and All Pro OG they still almost made the playoffs with Dalton so why pay Dak top 5 money

I don’t even know if Jerry looks at it as what Dalton did w/o those pieces & while the team was learning a new offensive & defensive scheme.

I really think it all comes down to what Jerry thinks Dak’s ceiling is and how much Jerry likes Dak or wants to pay Dak.

Also, they have a top 10 pick now so, Jerry could want a shiny new toy either Fields or Zach Wilson and that rookie QB can sit and develop behind Dalton for a half a year, a year or whatever until they’re ready.

I hate that I have a bad feeling about this. Maybe because of the years of letdown, but I hope I’m proved wrong. We need to start fast and get a lead  it’s paramount  I don’t care how many guys they have out.

Side note: I hate the Giants more than any other NFC East team. I’m not sure why, but I loathe that organization and their fans. Could be because I live in NYC now, but they’ve definitely usurped the Cowboys for me. 

25 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I hate that I have a bad feeling about this. Maybe because of the years of letdown, but I hope I’m proved wrong. We need to start fast and get a lead  it’s paramount  I don’t care how many guys they have out.

Side note: I hate the Giants more than any other NFC East team. I’m not sure why, but I loathe that organization and their fans. Could be because I live in NYC now, but they’ve definitely usurped the Cowboys for me. 

I felt the same way after college — both of my roommates were (obnoxious) NYG fans, and I wanted nothing more than for them to lose everything, always. Then they were the “one” in 18-1, and that softened me a bit. 

As for tonight, a lot depends on our health. If Alex and Terry are really legitimately healthy, then I think we’ve got a good shot. If Terry is a hobbled decoy and Alex is playing at the same level as SF, then we’re in some trouble. 

44 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I feel the same way, only difference is you can replace the Giants with the Cowboys. Glad to see the Giants win definitely did not want them boys winning that's for sure. I live in Dallas and I despise them. Must be the George Allen in me lol

Tonight. Is for my neighbor Ernie. 84yo WFT fan passed away this morning. Retired Marine Capt. His basement mancave was nothing but Redskin merch. My fav was he had back to back years of "Posse" posters autographed hanging side by side. Though his merch spanned 60+ years of items.

To the whiners about winning. Tonight. No offense, but screw you. This is why you push to win. Ernie was ecstatic to see the team pushing forwards to the playoffs. And Im glad he got to enjoy this run before leaving us.

• Like 6