Week 17: Win or Go Home

MKnight82

Man we really needed to beat Carolina, how nice would it have been to just let Smith, Gibson and McLaurin all rest for another week. Don’t be surprised if at least one of them doesn’t finish this whole game. Heinicke will need to be ready, and I don’t expect much from McLaurin. 

15 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

Man we really needed to beat Carolina, how nice would it have been to just let Smith, Gibson and McLaurin all rest for another week. Don’t be surprised if at least one of them doesn’t finish this whole game. Heinicke will need to be ready, and I don’t expect much from McLaurin. 

Almost feel Mclaurin is getting thrown out there just to draw Slay away from the other WRs

One thing that’s been kind of fun is seeing the amount of support we’ve had on random social media posts (ESPN, Fox Sports, etc). Typically, the only folks who've seemed to care about the ole WFT are the ones who hate them and wish them ill will. 

But this season, I’m actually seeing a lot of general football fans rooting for our team. The combination of Rivera and Smith is a remarkable one in terms of their health struggles and adversity — but they’re also just excellent people, and you consistently see fans from their prior stops that are indicating that they’ll always be fans/supporters. 

That’s pretty cool. We haven’t had much of that for 25 years. Does it matter on the field or in the standings? I don’t know — I hope it does. But either way, it makes it a little more enjoyable to be a fan of this group.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

As a lifelong Cowboy fan,  I'm hoping for a Washington choke and a Cowboys win.  

As a man,  I really would love to see Smith and Rivera win the NFC East.  So unless the Giants win it,  I'll be happy. 

Thank you for admitting being a man and Cowboys fan aren't synonymous. 

(I feel bad taking a shot because you said something nice, but there's only so much I can do :) ) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

As a lifelong Cowboy fan,  I'm hoping for a Washington choke and a Cowboys win.  

As a man,  I really would love to see Smith and Rivera win the NFC East.  So unless the Giants win it,  I'll be happy. 

Much as I hate to say it, full credit to your guys for how they’ve managed to overcome all the losses on that offense. To be able to find a way to score points despite losing the QB and all those great OL, it’s pretty remarkable. The work they did to get that OL shored up was tremendous.