Week 17: VIKINGS (6-9) at Lions (5-10)

swede700

On 12/29/2020 at 2:49 AM, SteelKing728 said:

What about Herschel Walker?  It didn't work out for him while he was here, but nobody can deny that he was a great running back.  If Burnsie had lined him up in formations that played to his strengths, things may have been different.  You guys may think I'm crazy, but I'd rather have Herschel than Robert Smith.  If we could have had the Cowboys version of Herschel, I'd take him over Chuck Foreman too.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

What about Herschel Walker?  It didn't work out for him while he was here, but nobody can deny that he was a great running back.  If Burnsie had lined him up in formations that played to his strengths, things may have been different.  You guys may think I'm crazy, but I'd rather have Herschel than Robert Smith.  If we could have had the Cowboys version of Herschel, I'd take him over Chuck Foreman too.

That is an insane take. Insane. Walker was one dimensional and wasn't FAST once he was here. And, we are talking about while he was here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

That is an insane take. Insane. Walker was one dimensional and wasn't FAST once he was here. And, we are talking about while he was here.

It's hard to know what he could have been capable of while he was here if things had gone differently.  I always got the impression that he was someone who had gotten a big pay day and was just content to go through the motions so he didn't get hurt.  I cold be wrong though, because he did go into mixed martial arts when he was fairly old.  When he was in college, and later in the USFL and Dallas though, he was amazing.  It's a shame we didn't get that guy.  That's who we paid for.

Zimmer:  "I think the biggest thing is when you get your nose rubbed in it, you've got to come back out and you've got to come back and fight. It's going to show the personality of these players that we have and what they have to do and understand that."

https://www.vikings.com/news/lions-week-17-storylines-to-watch?fbclid=IwAR1zSZsycuBSR-gwbC5Pw4PPHire5Wpg-0tHsFT4_6Pys5D2OI9BobGoszY

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Zimmer:  "I think the biggest thing is when you get your nose rubbed in it, you've got to come back out and you've got to come back and fight. It's going to show the personality of these players that we have and what they have to do and understand that."

https://www.vikings.com/news/lions-week-17-storylines-to-watch?fbclid=IwAR1zSZsycuBSR-gwbC5Pw4PPHire5Wpg-0tHsFT4_6Pys5D2OI9BobGoszY

NO TANKING