What to do at QB?

AnAngryAmerican

What is your preference for the QB spot?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preference for the QB spot?

• Keep Drew Lock as the starter for 2021
    • Draft a rookie in the 1st round and make him the starter
    • Trade for/sign an established vet (Stafford, Wentz, Ryan)
    • Trade for/sign a journeyman vet (Fitz, Tyrod) to compete with Lock

Any coaches out there that can give me insight/point in the direction to learn more about QB footwork? Read that one of the changes Drew has taken is that rather than having his right foot forward in shotgun, to mimicking Manning's square stance. Wondering what the advantages/disadvantages are of left foot, square, right foot forward are. 

3 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

"What do you think about Drew?"

"I don't"

Come on...

You can say way more things than what Sutton and many others have stated which is basically he's on the brink of breaking out. I don't think atletes especially football players are good liars it's one of the emotionally intense and investing sports.

Also Manning endorsing him is a good sign I don't think manning ever said anything great about Brock real don't think he respected Brock that helmet incident showed that.

53 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

You can say way more things than what Sutton and many others have stated which is basically he's on the brink of breaking out. I don't think atletes especially football players are good liars it's one of the emotionally intense and investing sports.

Also Manning endorsing him is a good sign I don't think manning ever said anything great about Brock real don't think he respected Brock that helmet incident showed that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/broncoswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/21/denver-broncos-news-players-give-joe-flacco-two-nicknames/amp/

Not even a deep dive, just a quick google search.  Sanders sure spoke highly of Joe Flacco and we know how that turned out.

Of course Sutton wants Drew to succeed and maybe believes he will, but Sutton isn’t an impartial observer.  How Lock or Teddy plays is directly going to affect Sutton’s contract negotiations

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

Any coaches out there that can give me insight/point in the direction to learn more about QB footwork? Read that one of the changes Drew has taken is that rather than having his right foot forward in shotgun, to mimicking Manning's square stance. Wondering what the advantages/disadvantages are of left foot, square, right foot forward are. 

Check out the video by Tim Jenkins where he compares Bridgewater and Lock - he shows how Lock's footwork means everything he does once the ball is snapped is completely out of sync. He also shows how far ahead of Lock that Bridgewater is.

1 hour ago, broncofan48 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/broncoswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/21/denver-broncos-news-players-give-joe-flacco-two-nicknames/amp/

Not even a deep dive, just a quick google search.  Sanders sure spoke highly of Joe Flacco and we know how that turned out.

Of course Sutton wants Drew to succeed and maybe believes he will, but Sutton isn’t an impartial observer.  How Lock or Teddy plays is directly going to affect Sutton’s contract negotiations

When you're moving on from a Case Keenum alot of people look good lol context matters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

When you're moving on from a Case Keenum alot of people look good lol context matters.

You’re right it does.  And Drew was the 32 ranked QB last year.  I sure hope he looks a little better than that this year

1 hour ago, jolly red giant said:

Check out the video by Tim Jenkins where he compares Bridgewater and Lock - he shows how Lock's footwork means everything he does once the ball is snapped is completely out of sync. He also shows how far ahead of Lock that Bridgewater is.

Thanks, I checked it out, but it doesn't discuss benefits/disadvantages the way I'm hoping. Lock isn't the only one whose stance last year was left foot forward. Rodgers does as well, and so does Tom Brady. So why are they not late on throws the way Lock was? It can't be just the stance. On the contrary, Mahomes and Wilson have their left foot back the way Tim Jenkins advocates to do. So it's not like there is one "correct" stance. There are successful players who do both, and as Peyton did, had a square stance. 

Edit: Found what I was looking for, although it doesn't address the square stance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxLboicHiA0&ab_channel=Quarterbackio 

And here is another: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCUj8CeeYCs&ab_channel=TheQBSchoolTheQBSchool

Edited by grizmo78
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Helicopter said:

Cool, we found something new to talk about in this thread!

But first, I think we have to agree on the ranking system...

If I get some time I'll open up a new thread so we can talk about people that are actually on the roster, position groups, strengths and weaknesses, you know, actually talk about the team. 

This thread is boring me to tears. Basically 130 pages regarding people not even on the roster.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

If I get some time I'll open up a new thread so we can talk about people that are actually on the roster, position groups, strengths and weaknesses, you know, actually talk about the team. 

This thread is boring me to tears. Basically 130 pages regarding people not even on the roster.

That would be good. I have some thoughts I'm compiling about position battles, depth, breakouts/regressions that would fit into that. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

A little repetitive too

• Like 2

According to the DNVR podcast, apparently Elway played a round of golf with Aaron the other day in California. The girl that reported it said she has it twice verified, once by the course employee who booked the tee time and by another who apparently played poker with the two after their round.