BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

On 6/25/2021 at 12:15 AM, Blue said:

If you think Jordan Mailata is good, you shouldn't be allowed to vote on games tbh

Adam Caplan: “It's a cavern. I mean, that's really where it is right now. They went in with Mailata as a heavy favorite, nothing's changed. One could argue Mailata has been the most impressive player in training camp, he's certainly in my top-three based on what we know. I was at his first [ever] OTA practice where I'm like, ‘OK, I don't know what this is gonna look like, he's a massive human being.' He had never even put on a helmet before. It's just one of the most remarkable NFL stories. I don't think anyone outside this market – the Philadelphia market or even the media nationally – has any idea what is happening here with this player. It's one of the most amazing stories in Eagles history to this point. We'll see how the book is written from here, but he is going to be the left tackle this season. The Eagles haven't named it, they haven't settled this yet, but I'll do it for them: Jordan Mailata is going to be your left tackle.”

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

11 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Adam Caplan: “It's a cavern. I mean, that's really where it is right now. They went in with Mailata as a heavy favorite, nothing's changed. One could argue Mailata has been the most impressive player in training camp, he's certainly in my top-three based on what we know. I was at his first [ever] OTA practice where I'm like, ‘OK, I don't know what this is gonna look like, he's a massive human being.' He had never even put on a helmet before. It's just one of the most remarkable NFL stories. I don't think anyone outside this market – the Philadelphia market or even the media nationally – has any idea what is happening here with this player. It's one of the most amazing stories in Eagles history to this point. We'll see how the book is written from here, but he is going to be the left tackle this season. The Eagles haven't named it, they haven't settled this yet, but I'll do it for them: Jordan Mailata is going to be your left tackle.”

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

He beat out Andre Dillard!  Hooray!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Have the Eagles even started practicing in pads yet

Also yeah, sounds like Dillard has been outright bad so far, expectation is they'll try to trade him but won't get any takers.

Hmm, I feel like I've heard this story before. 

WR1: Sprained AC joint
WR2: Apparent leg injury
WR3: Surgery on broken hand
WR4: WR6 on New York Jets

Fortunately, we’re aiming to all be healthy and in good places in the depth chart for week 1.

• Like 2

Gonna help my boy MD4L out and list his best Shark Tank QB options (in no particular order):

Andy Dalton
Ben Roethlisberger
Derek Carr (top choice IMO)
Jared Goff
Taysom Hill/Jameis Winston
Kirk Cousins
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Teddy Bridgewater

Carson Wentz would be on the list but he's already hurt and likely out Week 1, lol

• Like 1