Which playoff games, or even regular season games from the past struck you as the "real" SB that year?

TecmoSuperJoe

Chalk up this topic to one of my many "shower thoughts" during the winter. For my own personal curiosity I'd like to hear opinions regarding games from the past that were clearly superior to the actual SB matchup that occurred in any given year. I guess one could say this happens every season, but personally I'm struggling to remember huge outliers off the top of my head. Here were a few obvious ones that I did pick up on:

1992 to 1994 NFC Championship games between the 49ers/Cowboys

2006 AFC Championship between Colts/Patriots 

2000 AFC Divisional between Ravens/Titans

• Like 3

Rams v Saints 2018-2019

I thought both teams were the best two teams in the NFL. It was a tough game. Rams fell down 0-13 in what was an insane environment. So insane that the roof of the Superdome was crumbling. Goff and the offense couldn’t even hear in the 1st Q. Team had to regroup and eventually got in the game and in the 4th Q, yes I know the Saints more than likely would’ve won had that PI been called but they still had a 3pt lead and all they had to do was make one defensive stop on the last possession and they still win. Except Goff led the Rams on a 4th Q game tying FG then in OT Fowler hit Brees forced a bad pass Johnson III intercepts it. Then Goff somehow got away from two Jordan what looked like two sacks to hit Higbee to help set up an historic game winning FG.

I know the Rams didn’t win the Superbowl and honestly I don’t think the Saints would’ve won it either had they played the Pats. It would’ve been a better game but the Pats somehow would’ve won still. That Rams and Saints game felt like the Superbowl except it was just the NFCCG lol. 

Edited by stl4life07
  • Like 1

When Pats beat us a couple seasons ago in the AFC CG. Had pretty much everything, including an OT winner  (although it didn't have Mahomes retaking the field to score in response, but we won't go there...demz the rules)

The superbowl was boring and the living embodiment of Stephen Hawking without the intelligence was trying to beat Bill Belichick. Cool.

• Like 1