Who Wins  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Bills
    • Colts

4 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Highly disagree here

The math agrees with me

if you go for it in that scenario, then there is 50% chance that you will be WINNING after another TD, 25% chance of being TIED, and only 25% chance of LOSING after a 2nd TD

There's minimal downside, and a TON to gain... PLUS you have the bonus on 1 yard instead of 2

Just now, DontTazeMeBro said:

Are these situational analytics assuming all opponents are equal?

They more or less have to. But it doesn't make that big of a difference. So the premise is, if you go for 2 twice, you have a 62.5% chance of winning, while if you kick the XP twice, you go to OT and have a 50% chance of winning. If your team is worse., both percentages drop, so it still winds up being the favorable call. You won't have the 62.5% chance, but you also aren't 50/50 in OT either.

Just now, Tk3 said:

Is running it up the gut not the correct play call?

This was bad execution, not bad play calling

I’ve seen this same play call fail several times, the Buffalo defense is stopping them up front and getting into the backfield. 

Just now, Tk3 said:

The math agrees with me

if you go for it in that scenario, then there is 50% chance that you will be WINNING after another TD, 25% chance of being TIED, and only 25% chance of LOSING after a 2nd TD

There's minimal downside, and a TON to gain... PLUS you have the bonus on 1 yard instead of 2

And them getting a FG here makes it 27-16 or 27-18. You’re still down by two scores if the other team gets a score.