Colin Kaepernick

eagles18

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

I agree with J-All-Day . He took a knee to bring attention to a serious issue and people decided to avoid the issue by saying " he disrespected America" . Even though tons of soldiers came out and understood his protest. People have tried different approaches for years and no one bothered to look.

I'm honestly still mad my team signed a 38 year old QB with no accomplishments over him.

As a 9 year veteran of the military I don't know one soldier, airman, marine, or navy seaman that has supported his stance. You might find some online but I never served with anyone that came out and said he was doing it the right way. Honestly I can't post what most of them would say about Kaepernick.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sure, Jerry Jones will kick you out for that but he will welcome you with open arms for beating the ish out of your girlfriend. Heck, he may even accept you if you killed your girlfriend or anyone for that matter.

If you have the talent he said he's willing to overlook some of your past issues and take a risk but I understand where you guys are coming from. It's a legitimate gripe!

4 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Gentle reminder of the site rules, gents. This is a very slippery topic.

- ET

Can I talk about the overwhelming irony of paid mercenaries who work for immoral Imperialists / PetroDollar Shills taking umbrage with perceived disrespect towards a dyed cloth?

NVM, I'll add it to the manifesto in my bunker.

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

With regards to the Ravens specifically, anybody else think this news about Newsome / Harbaugh and the owner was leaked intentionally to gauge public response?

Of course it was. There's no such thing as an unintentional leak. 

3 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

With regards to the Ravens specifically, anybody else think this news about Newsome / Harbaugh and the owner was leaked intentionally to gauge public response?

Oh yeah, that's definitely part of it. I don't even think the Ravens are trying to hide as much with the owner talking about the fan response to it. 

I do think Harbaugh/Newsome legitimately are interested in signing him though.

Kaep is fully within his rights to protest this way, and the NFL Owners/Coaches are fully within theirs to not want a distraction as the backup quarterback.  And like what he's doing or not, you can't argue that it isn't a distraction from the job at hand.

14 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

As a 9 year veteran of the military I don't know one soldier, airman, marine, or navy seaman that has supported his stance. You might find some online but I never served with anyone that came out and said he was doing it the right way. Honestly I can't post what most of them would say about Kaepernick.

It was Nate Boyer's idea for him to kneel.

Vets for Kaep: https://www.sbnation.com/2016/8/31/12726622/veterans-for-kaepernick-hashtag-protest-military-sit-during-anthem

some more: http://www.businessinsider.com/veterans-support-colin-kaepernick-2016-8

First, thank you for serving. I know there are some split on his actions. nephew of a retired drill sergeant, My dad was in the army until he had heart problems, other relatives still serving. I'm not pulling this out of no where. There are some that understand and there are some who hate him. But he had support, put up pretty good numbers for the situation he was in, and is jobless for protesting peacefully and bringing attention to a serious situation. Not for beating women, fighting in clubs, killing animals, or anything drug related, but for simply kneeling.

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

As a Marine Corps veteran, I absolutely support his stance and his protest. And even if I didn't, I most certainly support his right to state his views, protest peacefully, and bring awareness to causes he deems important. I served to protect all of our freedoms, not just the ones I agree with.  

12 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Not starting QB talent, too much of a distraction, probably wants too much money, will be on a team midseason when a QB goes down.

One thing that isn't really talked about - didn't he have shoulder surgery on his throwing shoulder last season? I get that he played last season, but can anyone really confirm if it's a degenerative condition or not?

Legit curious here.

Archived