2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

Looking to extend DB

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-derek-barnett-contract-extension-release-20210305.html

According to two league sources familiar with the situation, the Eagles have had discussions with Barnett’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, about an extension, which would seem to indicate that their preference is to keep him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

despite the hate Barnett gets on here, extending a young player with potential for a team with few young players with potential is the right move

Eh. He's not bad, he's just not good either. We'll probably overpay.

14 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

despite the hate Barnett gets on here, extending a young player with potential for a team with few young players with potential is the right move

As long as the price indicates his value I’m ok. 

14 hours ago, Danger said:

Eh. He's not bad, he's just not good either. We'll probably overpay.

He’s very fine. He’s lucky that he can look across to the other side and see the best outcome for his career in BG. If he can have the gradual rise and consistency like BG has had it’s worth it at the right price. 

The issue for us is we have two of them, we need someone with more explosive to develop to take over for BG at some point. Drafting more guys like them (Shareef Miller) ain’t it. 

11 hours ago, Kiltman said:

He’s very fine. He’s lucky that he can look across to the other side and see the best outcome for his career in BG. If he can have the gradual rise and consistency like BG has had it’s worth it at the right price. 

The issue for us is we have two of them, we need someone with more explosive to develop to take over for BG at some point. Drafting more guys like them (Shareef Miller) ain’t it. 

I heard on the radio BG only needs a few more games to be most games spent in an Eagles uni. Never would have thought with what he’s been through. Pretty amazing story. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I heard on the radio BG only needs a few more games to be most games spent in an Eagles uni. Never would have thought with what he’s been through. Pretty amazing story. 

Considering how it started, him making it through the scheme changes and then making one of the biggest plays in the history of the team....crazy journey. 

Wonder how long he plays, from how he has talked about it in the past it feels like he’s good to slowly shift to a role player too and teach the young guys. Could end up being a 15 year career here.

On 3/5/2021 at 3:41 PM, Kiltman said:

I hope he plays at least two more years and can stack some more All-Pros to his name. Out of the Super Bowl team that played he probably has the best shot at the HOF.

Would be an epic HoF speech