2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

8 hours ago, Danger said:

There'd be no point, we aren't winning anything this year, unless you want to forever be stuck in mediocrity. 2021 is a punt year, you come back once you're in a better position to do so instead of just trying to claw for 8-8 every single year.

No I get that but everywhere I turn on here, twitter , Facebook or wherever everyone ignores the fact that contracts can be signed even when you don't got money. Not saying we gotta be out here signing everyone. I just hate hearing we got no money this year blah blah blah. You don't really need much money to sign people if you just make the base salary a million. You're gonna have to pay more down the line but that's a different story

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'd like Breeland, Dunbar if not Nelson. We gotta be in on him if we were in on Jackson. I would hope so anyways.

Always liked Breeland for some reason. Think it's his hustle. At least in the games I've watched with him in them. I can't say he's a hustler every single game (don't follow him religiously)but all the times I've seen him play he's always going balls to the wall

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

14 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

No I get that but everywhere I turn on here, twitter , Facebook or wherever everyone ignores the fact that contracts can be signed even when you don't got money. Not saying we gotta be out here signing everyone. I just hate hearing we got no money this year blah blah blah. You don't really need much money to sign people if you just make the base salary a million. You're gonna have to pay more down the line but that's a different story

I think it's dumb to punt a season and not sign anybody when you play in the NFCE. I'm a big believer in if you get in, you got a shot. Playoff experience is invaluable.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Always liked Breeland for some reason. Think it's his hustle. At least in the games I've watched with him in them. I can't say he's a hustler every single game (don't follow him religiously)but all the times I've seen him play he's always going balls to the wall

Yeah idk much about him either but he seems like he'd be a very respectable CB2. Like I said, him Dunbar or obviously Nelson.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think it's dumb to punt a season and not sign anybody when you play in the NFCE. I'm a big believer in if you get in, you got a shot. Playoff experience is invaluable.

Yea there’s no such thing as punting a season. Let’s just say we signed Adoree. So we signed a 26 year old CB2 that could play on the team for 5 years. We stink so we can’t slowly improve the team and sign a decent young talent at a positon of need who’s going to be here when the team potentially turns it around? That’s not smart logic. If you have an opportunity to improve the team, you do it. Not every move has to be a homerun or a huge splash. But there are such things as under the radar moves or lower level FA signings that can help build a roster strong. 

12 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Starting off the offseason of “youth movement” by signing a 30 and 36 year old. 

Howie gonna Howie 

I understand the youth movement thing - however, this staff needs is going to need to some veterans on the team. We can't be out there signing everyone 26 and under. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Starting off the offseason of “youth movement” by signing a 30 and 36 year old. 

Howie gonna Howie 

11 Drafted Rookies(give or take) and a few Vets is a sweet Youth Movement if you ask me. 

FA isn't usually loaded with young awesome players. We tried one or two if these stories are accurate 

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh