2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

On 5/6/2021 at 7:36 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

It amazes me that people think Gareon Conley is good despite so much evidence to the contrary 

Wasn't Conley decent the last time he actually played in Houston? I get why people are concerned since he has had injuries since then and teams haven't shown any interest in him.

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:
3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I would only say that to DeVonta

Haha he's wiry but he's prob strong as hell once he gets ahold of you.

my mans skinny but he not afraid to scrap and yes I know its a right.

• Like 1

Kyle Pitts reps Philly hard. Gotta find a way to get him in midnight green. Hopefully Atlanta is a dumpster fire in 2025 so we can get him when he wants out in 2026 (assuming after his 5th year option).

"Uzi from Philly... you gotta know that! Can't cancel him." - Pitts

Love how he caught himself not putting Meek first and corrected it here lol.

3 hours ago, Scalamania said:

14 teams? I would put the chances of landing him very low. 

I wonder if it’s counting predraft interest. Could see a team like the Browns having interest and then backing off.

Avant on the most recent podcast was talking about Sanders and wanting this year to be the one where he establishes himself as that elite back and they he switched over into talking about his relationship to Hurts and this is what he said.

Jason Avant: I want him to transition to that elite... elite RB in the NFL and I know he hast the ability to do that and I think Jalen is only going to help him. You should see their relationship. I love their relationship. I love Miles and Jalen's relationship. The young receivers respect Jalen Hurts so much and its evident and it was so.... so uncomfortable at times last year that coaching staff HAD to make the change to Jalen Hurts, because you could see the gravitational pull of Jalen Hurts and his leadership. Some guys have that and some guys do not.... and it shouldn't be about the leadership as much as it is about the professional, but when there are rocky times and times of conflict or stress or turmoil or whatever it may be you go to tribal mode and you go to where the best leader is and that was Jalen Hurts.

• Like 1

Avant: People are gonna get mad at me for saying this, but Josh Sweat is the best pass rusher. You go and ask an offensive tackle or whoever else and they are gonna tell you Josh Sweat is the hardest one to handle. I'm not saying he's the most complete, because BG is the most complete, because BG is gonna get you tackles for loss. He's gonna get you some sacks. He's gonna make some plays. He's gonna do all that, so I'm not saying he's the better player, but just pure pass rusher... THAT dude can get off the football. And, he has bad knees, so you don't recognize that he's moving. But, we do this 5 yard... or the Eagles do this 5 yard get-off drill and its positionless... you know the 5 yard get-off drill for special teams? So, guys will just jump in it. Slay will jump in it..... Sweat will jump in it.... whoever else. Sweat beats EVERYBODY everytime! Quick: Really? Avant: You know at 6'5" 270...  he's beating guys that run a 4.3 Quick: I didn't know he's that big. Avant: He's probably not that big, but he's definitely 6'5", but he's beating people to the punch. I really like him. I don't necessarily know if he's worth a big time contract, but I think he's worth getting back, cause he only gets better. He's just getting healthy enough and he wasn't that healthy last year.

Quick: I have a question about Sweat though. Do you see him as a 3 down end?

Avant: No. I didn't say that. I'm like you when it comes to situational. He's a lot stronger than you think he is. I don't know if his body has ever been healthy enough to handle 3 downs. So, can he? He's strong and his arms are super long, Q, like really long and he extends and he can shed and he makes plays when he's in there. I just don't think that the coaching staff (last years?) think that he can hold up. I'm not saying he doesn't have the potential to, but at this stage he hasn't proven he can be a 3 down player.

Quick: That's okay. That's alright.

Avant: To tell you the truth. Derek Barnett hadn't either. He showed up to camp about 215 [lbs].

Quick: Whaaaaaaat?!?

Avant: *laughs* As a defensive end, yeah, he showed up to camp like at 215. So, he has the ability to go up and down in weight. You want your defensive end to be 260... somewhere in there and that's probably where Sweat is like 255... 260 or maybe a little bit more. So, to go 215 at times... its very very hard to generate a pass rush that light. It just is.

Quick: That's insane.

Avant: Well, he had some health issues, but it took him all season to get back close to his weight.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Heard that on the pod, I have no idea what test or study he’s talking about.

It was the first I had heard of it. Not that it really means anything , but it’s probably stuff teams are privy to that we aren’t. Doubt you’ll find anything on Google.

4 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

I wonder what happened to Hurts arm strength when he came to the NFL, I don´t remember seeing any scouting report that had that as a concern, but compared to what we saw last year it looks like he lacks some. 

he never had a strong arm