Jump to content

2021 Offseason thread


Recommended Posts


Wouldn’t like a claim, just to add some competition. Good route runner, good kid. Denver just had too packed of a room for him to stick really.

Everyone past the top 3 WRs on the depth chart doesn’t have a lock on making the team, those spots will be a huge part of camp between Ward / Quez / Hightower / JJAW / Khalil Tate. And really Fulgham has a lot to prove too, given his skillset (and the fact that he’s played well at all in the past) he’s pretty safe. Add Hamilton and let the best 2/3 make it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

What are you guys expecting out of Dillard this year? Does he start for any other reason besides another starter going down??

I think he can beat out Mailata from the jump. This notion that he's a bust is asinine in my eyes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think he can beat out Mailata from the jump. This notion that he's a bust is asinine in my eyes.

Those things are not mutually exclusive. He can lose the job to a superior player in Mailata and not be a bust.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think ideally he'd be able to replace Brooks next year, and just backup everybody besides kelce this year.  Ideally, Mailata also keeps on progressing and locks down LT. I don't have much faith in the kid tho, but if he looks good in camp, I'll jump right back on thewagon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2021 at 12:43 AM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Kyle Pitts reps Philly hard. Gotta find a way to get him in midnight green. Hopefully Atlanta is a dumpster fire in 2025 so we can get him when he wants out in 2026 (assuming after his 5th year option).

"Uzi from Philly... you gotta know that! Can't cancel him." - Pitts

Love how he caught himself not putting Meek first and corrected it here lol.

😤😤😤

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I think ideally he'd be able to replace Brooks next year, and just backup everybody besides kelce this year.  Ideally, Mailata also keeps on progressing and locks down LT. I don't have much faith in the kid tho, but if he looks good in camp, I'll jump right back on thewagon.

Hopefully if Mailata 

 

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I think ideally he'd be able to replace Brooks next year, and just backup everybody besides kelce this year.  Ideally, Mailata also keeps on progressing and locks down LT. I don't have much faith in the kid tho, but if he looks good in camp, I'll jump right back on thewagon.

My hope is Mailata keeps progressing and we extend him during the season when it’ll probably bebcheaper instead of waiting till FA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I think ideally he'd be able to replace Brooks next year, and just backup everybody besides kelce this year.  Ideally, Mailata also keeps on progressing and locks down LT. I don't have much faith in the kid tho, but if he looks good in camp, I'll jump right back on thewagon.

My hope is Mailata keeps progressing and we extend him during the season when it’ll probably bebcheaper instead of waiting till FA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think he can beat out Mailata from the jump. This notion that he's a bust is asinine in my eyes.

Just curious... but what makes you think that and why would you want that? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Just curious... but what makes you think that and why would you want that? 

 

Because he was a good prospect coming out with a lot of tools to work with. And the small sample size he had at LT was good. People lump in the way he looked at RT for some reason. He's not a RT and idc if he's as good as Joe off the street at RT. Then he got injured. There's been more good than bad with Dillard on the field. I don't necessarily want him to beat Mailata out, but it'd be beneficial for our line if he did since Mailata can play either LT or RT. I think we're in very good hands with our situation.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are overthinking this. It's a camp battle, may the best man win. So long as we're not pulling a Doug Pederson and intentionally fielding someone who's an inferior player that's all I care about.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Those things are not mutually exclusive. He can lose the job to a superior player in Mailata and not be a bust.

Well yeah I know that, but not everybody knows that. The hyperbole with Dillard is relentless in the media and among fans. Like he either has to be a future HOF or a gas station attendant within the next year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Because he was a good prospect coming out with a lot of tools to work with. And the small sample size he had at LT was good. People lump in the way he looked at RT for some reason. He's not a RT and idc if he's as good as Joe off the street at RT. Then he got injured. There's been more good than bad with Dillard on the field. I don't necessarily want him to beat Mailata out, but it'd be beneficial for our line if he did since Mailata can play either LT or RT. I think we're in very good hands with our situation.

No. I'm aware that Dillard has got too much hate. Most guys that played the left side all that time aren't gonna do good just getting thrown over to the right side like we did his rookie year. There's nothing he could've done about tearing his bicep in camp. Stuff like that just happens sometimes.

But, you saying you think he could beat him out from the jump didn't make a ton of sense as it seemed like you were writing off Mailata. Could he win the job? Sure. But, I liked a lot of what I saw last year from Mailata this past season in what was really his first real game action. He got better as the season went on. He's still far from a finished product and has a ways to go, but he has higher upside than Dillard IMO. Mailata might not be as smooth with the kick slide, but he's a much stronger player and has the ability to road-grade guys with Dickerson going forward on that left side. Also, despite being drafted a year earlier Mailata is a full year younger. Obviously let the better man win. I just believe in Mailata's tools. We've seen nastiness from him last year that I'm not sure Dillard has ever really shown. I hope Dillard bounces back strong and took to the weight room to work his core and lower body while his arm healed like I've said many times before, because that anchor is mainly what was holding him back. I have no doubt he can run the arc with even great athletes at DE. Hopefully the competition this summer will bring out the best in both and we have one of those good problems on our hand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Well yeah I know that, but not everybody knows that. The hyperbole with Dillard is relentless in the media and among fans. Like he either has to be a future HOF or a gas station attendant within the next year.

That's Philly fans/media though. We do it even with guys that are mid round picks sometimes lol. 

I hate it too, but it is what it is. The expectations and pressure put on guys that play here is immense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

No. I'm aware that Dillard has got too much hate. Most guys that played the left side all that time aren't gonna do good just getting thrown over to the right side like we did his rookie year. There's nothing he could've done about tearing his bicep in camp. Stuff like that just happens sometimes.

But, you saying you think he could beat him out from the jump didn't make a ton of sense as it seemed like you were writing off Mailata. Could he win the job? Sure. But, I liked a lot of what I saw last year from Mailata this past season in what was really his first real game action. He got better as the season went on. He's still far from a finished product and has a ways to go, but he has higher upside than Dillard IMO. Mailata might not be as smooth with the kick slide, but he's a much stronger player and has the ability to road-grade guys with Dickerson going forward on that left side. Also, despite being drafted a year earlier Mailata is a full year younger. Obviously let the better man win. I just believe in Mailata's tools. We've seen nastiness from him last year that I'm not sure Dillard has ever really shown. I hope Dillard bounces back strong and took to the weight room to work his core and lower body while his arm healed like I've said many times before, because that anchor is mainly what was holding him back. I have no doubt he can run the arc with even great athletes at DE. Hopefully the competition this summer will bring out the best in both and we have one of those good problems on our hand.

What I meant by "from the jump" was Dillard beating him out in TC and not from being inserted in the lineup secondary to injury or some other peripheral circumstance. I like Mailata too and may the best man win. I like where we're at, with the OL as a whole really.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think he can beat out Mailata from the jump. This notion that he's a bust is asinine in my eyes.

If anything the notion that he isn´t a bust is more ridiculous at this point. What does he have going for him to make us think otherwise? 

He looked decent in what? 2 out of the 4 starts he got in 2019? He was looking terrible in camp prior to his injury. I mean he can still turn it around but to call him a bust at this point is far from asinine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...