Pettine Strikes Back [So much off coverage]

AlexGreen#20

MLF is noticing 

“At times, LaFleur suggested, the Packers' defense made things too easy. 

“There’s sometimes where I think we can be a little bit more aggressive just in terms of our mentality,” LaFleur said. “Some of those third downs and fourth-down conversions, a third-and-short, I want us to get up in people's faces and challenge them. Because I think we’ve got the people that can get that done, especially when you look at our corner situation.” 

• Like 4

I hate it too, but I'm hoping it was opponent specific. I think Pettine coaches knowing what he has at QB, knowing that he was OK trading FGs for TDs and that the moment Mitch needed to attack downfield he'd make the fatal mistake to end the game.

Frustrating to watch, but other than the first drive (which was setup by a bs call by the officials) it worked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

MLF is noticing 

“There’s sometimes where I think we can be a little bit more aggressive just in terms of our mentality,” LaFleur said. “Some of those third downs and fourth-down conversions, a third-and-short, I want us to get up in people's faces and challenge them. Because I think we’ve got the people that can get that done, especially when you look at our corner situation.” 

Saw that too and totally agree.  Get up in their shorts .. we have the horses to do it.

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

MLF is noticing 

Pretty refreshing seeing the head coach say specific issues he saw.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

First ten passing plays of this game, here are the alignments. Light boxes and off coverage. No wonder we gave up 6 yards every down they wanted to get it. God I hate Pettine some times. 

3nc0C2w.png

RTQMzMz.png

sYvIppk.png

1Epf6AN.png

QgAD3wE.png

EK20gdi.png

EfIh4mv.png

l7ckp0s.png

OGhYVQm.png

ADsXbbt.png

Considering Trubes can’t throw downfield you would think we could have challenged the underneath stuff and the run.
Seemed soft so disappointing to be honest. We did hold them or well they held themselves. They did have what 5 red zone trips. Pettine needs to go. 
AG thanks for posting the heartache. 

MLF said in his presser that he has the personnel to play press.  I have to believe that Pettine is getting this message and that at some point he either acquiesces and follows MLF’s lead, or he’ll be shown the door.

It’s fine to mix it up.  It’s also fine to disguise looks (show press and back up before the snap and vice versa).  But to stage your dudes 8-10 yards off the LOS a high percentage of the time just begs opposing QB’s to hit the underneath crap for 5-7 yards at a time.  Just a futile strategy.

• Like 1

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

I wholeheartedly believe it's super bowl or bust at this point for Pettine

And I'm saying he's out regardless of what happens. I think MLF wants his guy and Pettine's only around as a courtesy. If MLF wins the Super Bowl and the offense doesn't falter at all, he's earned his say.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And I'm saying he's out regardless of what happens. I think MLF wants his guy and Pettine's only around as a courtesy. If MLF wins the Super Bowl and the offense doesn't falter at all, he's earned his say.

Realistically it's just hard seeing your DC get fired after a super bowl win, but yeah in an ideal world it would be a win win to move on from him and win it all.

Edited by Gopackgonerd