-- [Complete] 2021 Head Coach Search - Nick Sirianni hired as Head Coach

Kiltman

23 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Nick Sirianni is the first guy Frank Reich called when he got the HC gig. He's probably my #2 choice after Brady.

1 Joe Brady
2 Nick Sirianni
3 Kellen Moore
4 Ryan Day/Duce

My top 5 choices

Nick Sirianni shouldn't even be in your top 5. 

29 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Nick Sirianni is the first guy Frank Reich called when he got the HC gig. He's probably my #2 choice after Brady.

1 Joe Brady
2 Nick Sirianni
3 Kellen Moore
4 Ryan Day/Duce

My top 5 choices

I can't say I ever watched a Colts game under reich and was like wow this is a really good offense.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I can't say I ever watched a Colts game under reich and was like wow this is a really good offense.

I get what you're saying...but...he did have to work with Jacoby Brissett in 2019 and a clearly shot Rivers this year.

5 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If Carson gets another shot here, he needs to be the one to cater to the coach and not vise versa 

I get that, but I do feel like Doug refused to work with Carson at all in a sense. To me, Doug sort of got set in his ways as soon as he won a Super Bowl with Nick Foles. He then didn't want to change the way he called his offense at that point. 

Carson should adhere to what the coach asks of him, but it would mutually beneficial if they allowed Carson to help scheme and tried to utilize what he's good at, instead of trying to force him to be Nick Foles (or whoever else).

16 minutes ago, Danger said:

I get that, but I do feel like Doug refused to work with Carson at all in a sense. To me, Doug sort of got set in his ways as soon as he won a Super Bowl with Nick Foles. He then didn't want to change the way he called his offense at that point. 

Carson should adhere to what the coach asks of him, but it would mutually beneficial if they allowed Carson to help scheme and tried to utilize what he's good at, instead of trying to force him to be Nick Foles (or whoever else).

Feel like it’s a bit of a stretch to put the bulk of it on Doug given the history he had here and what we know about Carson. Like I get you hated him, but what all we know greatly leans towards Carson being the impetus of any conflict. I mean sure Doug could’ve gotten to the point he was done with him this year... which reports say he did when he went rogue and benched him. But that seems to have happened after smacking his head against the wall for a couple years.

The root issue was they lost their buffer zone of Frank and Flip. They’d coach Carson tough and they’d help get Doug ready for game days with a lot of the game planning. When they left, Groh and Press’ more mild approach got crushed between the two of them and the friction kept gaining momentum. I get that there is an argument about who has to cave in that situation, but Doug was kinda cucked with a damned if you do or don’t response to that. Like if he caves to Carson it exacerbates Wentz thinking little of him, plus loses respect in the building. If he doesn’t put up with it we get what happened and Wentz circles the drain and gets benched. In that situation Carson could choose to be better and try to make it work, but he clearly wasn’t interested in doing that at some point.

For our sakes I hope it was all Doug drunk with power... he’s gone. If Wentz wasn’t the issue and he magically returns to being a top 10 guy it’s great for us.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Feel like it’s a bit of a stretch to put the bulk of it on Doug given the history he had here and what we know about Carson. Like I get you hated him, but what all we know greatly leans towards Carson being the impetus of any conflict. I mean sure Doug could’ve gotten to the point he was done with him this year... which reports say he did when he went rogue and benched him. But that seems to have happened after smacking his head against the wall for a couple years.

The root issue was they lost their buffer zone of Frank and Flip. They’d coach Carson tough and they’d help get Doug ready for game days with a lot of the game planning. When they left, Groh and Press’ more mild approach got crushed between the two of them and the friction kept gaining momentum. I get that there is an argument about who has to cave in that situation, but Doug was kinda cucked with a damned if you do or don’t response to that. Like if he caves to Carson it exacerbates Wentz thinking little of him, plus loses respect in the building. If he doesn’t put up with it we get what happened and Wentz circles the drain and gets benched. In that situation Carson could choose to be better and try to make it work, but he clearly wasn’t interested in doing that at some point.

For our sakes I hope it was all Doug drunk with power... he’s gone. If Wentz wasn’t the issue and he magically returns to being a top 10 guy it’s great for us.

I don't think it was anything malicious on Doug's part (like maybe I've alluded to before) but perhaps ego or perhaps tepid on Doug to try things other than what got him to the top of the mountain. I really didn't get the sense of Doug was trying to let Carson do what worked for him in 2017 in subsequent seasons, it always felt like Carson was being told to be something he was not. I'm not trying to absolve Carson. What I'm saying is, if we have a coach that isn't willing to work with Carson and it's "My way or the high way", we may as well just trade Carson now.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Sorry but this is opinion. Yes Doug didn't run the ball as much as he should have but that's the way of the league. Aside from those scripted plays we don't know what was gameplanned by the coaching staff and brought in week to week. I believe we seen more instances this year of players not executing vs scheme not working. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I don't think it was anything malicious on Doug's part (like maybe I've alluded to before) but perhaps ego or perhaps tepid on Doug to try things other than what got him to the top of the mountain. I really didn't get the sense of Doug was trying to let Carson do what worked for him in 2017 in subsequent seasons, it always felt like Carson was being told to be something he was not. I'm not trying to absolve Carson. What I'm saying is, if we have a coach that isn't willing to work with Carson and it's "My way or the high way", we may as well just trade Carson now.

How so? 

1 minute ago, nlesthought said:

Sorry but this is opinion. Yes Doug didn't run the ball as much as he should have but that's the way of the league. Aside from those scripted plays we don't know what was gameplanned by the coaching staff and brought in week to week. I believe we seen more instances this year of players not executing vs scheme not working. 

It was pretty obvious they were trying to force Carson to be strictly a pocket QB, among other things that we saw him do in 2017 but were not in the play calling or scheming of plays in subsequent seasons.

21 minutes ago, Danger said:

It was pretty obvious they were trying to force Carson to be strictly a pocket QB, among other things that we saw him do in 2017 but were not in the play calling or scheming of plays in subsequent seasons.

2018 he was coming off the knee, 2019 he was coming off the back and still the knee. So I get a little bit why they didn’t move him around a ton.

Im with you for this year though, I thought the whole point of Scango was to inject some PA into the team and boot Carson out. Its absence was baffling.

• Like 1