Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...

43M

14 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Those stretches where he plays great are when he has a hyper athletic ILB next to him. We have that in Bush. If Bush stays healthy all year, I'm positive the discussion of cutting Vince isn't one we're having. 

They wont cut VW.   They love him.   Theyve kept worse players around simply because they were favorites.   

Only way VW would get cut is if they had no choice.

so the steelers will have the most cap space of any team in 2022. that's crazy. I expect a good chunk of it to be used in deals for Minka, Watt and others. Bens new deal I think eats up some of it. I wonder how active they will be in FA tho I wonder if a big move for a QB through trade or FA could happen next yr instead of using the draft.

4 minutes ago, August4th said:

so the steelers will have the most cap space of any team in 2022. that's crazy. I expect a good chunk of it to be used in deals for Minka, Watt and others. Bens new deal I think eats up some of it. I wonder how active they will be in FA tho I wonder if a big move for a QB through trade or FA could happen next yr instead of using the draft.

I wonder this with Colbert: would he retire after this season and leave the next GM with that cap space or will he stay and finally get to be a big player in FA?

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I wonder this with Colbert: would he retire after this season and leave the next GM with that cap space or will he stay and finally get to be a big player in FA?

that's a good question. I've seen several people say the steelers need to rebuild, but the reality is the teams best players are still young and just had a great 2020 draft. I think Ben being a dinosaur has people thinking the steelers are a old team that's window is closing. I think we're gonna be non-SB contenders this season, but with the right moves and two more solid drafts(21 and 22) to build up the O-line and add depth. Solving the QB position. We can be elite again rather quickly in 2022. I can see Colbert wanting to be apart of that or handing off a good situation to one of his guys.

I'm optimistic that our QB situation will be fine after Ben. If we don't land a good QB prospect, we can grab a proven starter in FA or trade. Good vet starters are becoming available more often and their are several guys whose days with their current team looks to be coming to a end.

12 minutes ago, August4th said:

that's a good question. I've seen several people say the steelers need to rebuild, but the reality is the teams best players are still young and just had a great 2020 draft. I think Ben being a dinosaur has people thinking the steelers are a old team that's window is closing. I think we're gonna be non-SB contenders this season, but with the right moves and two more solid drafts(21 and 22) to build up the O-line and add depth. Solving the QB position. We can be elite again rather quickly in 2022. I can see Colbert wanting to be apart of that or handing off a good situation to one of his guys.

I think the Steelers need to do a partial rebuild, partial reload. Call that whatever you wish.

At CB, we are gonna have to add some youth, same with the DL. This season we could essentially "rebuild/reload" the OL,RB position, and add some young depth. 

QB is the biggest question mark moving forward. 

• Like 1

While they need some depth and probably 1 DB this draft on defense, I think it’s a good idea to load up on offense...to help Ben this year AND the incoming QB. 

Adding at least 1 OL and another skill plauer(RB/TE/WR) in the 1st few rounds would be a great start.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AFF said:

While they need some depth and probably 1 DB this draft on defense, I think it’s a good idea to load up on offense...to help Ben this year AND the incoming QB. 

Adding at least 1 OL and another skill plauer(RB/TE/WR) in the 1st few rounds would be a great start.

I agree if we could come away with an OT, C, RB, maybe a TE or WR, and. DB or LB (I don't remember how many picks we have) I think we would be putting ourselves in a good position for the future. 

• Like 1

Kinda random but there some interesting FAs at RB...specifically Mike Davis who showed some 3 down ability in Carolina and Kenyan Drake...$$$ is a big factor of course but I it wouldn’t shock me for them to go the FA route for RB.

i hope that we extend juju - we don't have a true maddog WR1 but we have an army of four excellent WR2s, juju is a part of that and also the heart and soul of the locker room - as trivial as this sounds, also, he's great for kids and a role model too and those are the sorts of guys you want around your club.

villy has to go, unfortunately, we need to get younger, fitter, and faster on the oline. high picks on oline, running back either second or third round. 

now

i am still on the dl hoping ben plays one more year after next season, just because if all goes well with covid vaccines i'll be over in the states in december 2022 to watch the steelers and the penguins (my gift to me after graduating), and i would love love to see ben and not, like, mason rudolph or whatever lol. obviously still the thought of a steelers game is awesome to me, not withstanding who ever is under center, but i'd still prefer it be ben

6 hours ago, warfelg said:

Oh joy, the Chase Claypool is a diva and should be traded commentary has started.

I hate the people that cover this team.

too many dinosaurs still active in the local sports media scene here. And seeing how petty and nasty some of those guys(and the young ones) act on twitter, I can't blame athletes for calling these guys out sometimes. I would annoyed if these guys had a impact on my reputation

I mean, the line came directly from the team's own website. Which probably means that there are people in the organization, not just those on the business side, who are worried about Claypool's ego. Whether people like it or not something like that doesn't just get printed on an official team website without a reason.