2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

14 minutes ago, whodatOL said:

Yeah was pretty shocked when both Hollister and Carson signed those huge contracts. Would have hoped to get them back in the next round, but those amounts are crazy.

I can undestand the value of the contract Carson got. I just didn't understand the team. Jaguars already have James Robinson on a very, very cheap deal for 3 more years.....why pay that much for Carson?

Hollister was a huge overpay.

I would say 12 huge overspends including a couple of players who may not even make rosters next year.

some good bargains were found though too.

Im liking this % drop. All of a sudden a few players seem worthwhile. 

some teams are also going to get some steals late on when the continue apy drop.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

is there a rule that we can't trade OTC picks? if that's legit, i think that should for sure not be the case.

Where did you hear that? Every previous year people wait during their OTC time to look for trades. If someone else gets OTC you/the person you are trading with can get skipped though (like you still pick and are OTC, just others can pick before you).

Edited by Trojan

See nothing about it in the guidelines. Just that if possible have a trade in place instead of waiting the whole time for offers to come in. Only thing that might be conflicting is that including future picks has to be vetted but i think most deals if they fall around the normal value ranges nobody will have anything against it.

Hollister's deal was basically 2 years, 4.72 Mil Total.    After that we could easily cut him.

That's not bad for a #2 TE.    He was one of our main targets to start FA.   We we're okay adding the additional years(we can cut), to prevent bidding against other teams.   

• Like 1

On 1/15/2021 at 7:51 PM, ny92mike said:

Thanks...

I reworded it.  

• Future Draft Picks cannot be traded while on the clock, because these types of trades must be approved first which we might not be available to approve/decline within the 40 minute window.

I think this is the relevant post @FinneasGage so you can trade OTC, but not future picks unless it's somehow pre-approved lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mountainpd said:

I would say 12 huge overspends including a couple of players who may not even make rosters next year.

some good bargains were found though too.

Im liking this % drop. All of a sudden a few players seem worthwhile. 

some teams are also going to get some steals late on when the continue apy drop.

just like real life

Tampa bay free agency (so far) would welcome your feedback.

start with the negatives

Lost Shaq Barrett and Lavonte David . I wasn’t prepared to pay David 25 million or Barrett 28.7 million a year. I also missed out on bringing back Suh but didn’t want to pay more than 11 million per year and missed out massively by 6 million a year. Don’t like losing these players but all monster contracts offered and I wouldn’t have offered more even if I had chance.

i would have also looked to bring back A Brown on a 1 year deal for 3-4 mil but I see he got 10 mil a year so again I wouldn’t have been close.

That is a lot of talent to lose from the roster.

Free agency success

Round 1

David Andrews - C - 2.6 mil apy

Matt Feiler - RT/G - 4.5 mil apy

John Johnson - S - 13.1 mil apy

Brought in 2nd best free agent centre for great value. Signed Feiler who is pencilled in as Right tackle but gives me line flexibility should I need to move Marpet to Centre or if Wilson steps up. Paying less than 5 mil is a hit in my opinion.

Johnson was my number 1 first round target and makes a good pairing with Winfield Jnr or Whitehead.

Round 2

Trey Hendrickson - OLB - 19.1 mil apy

Aaron Jones - RB - 13.1 mil apy

Denzel Perryman - LB - 4.8 mil apy

Ryan Succop - resign - K - 2.28 mil apy

so I overspent slightly on Hendrickson and but needed to replace Barrett and won bid on Adjusted value only. I also needed to look at linebackers to replace David. Very poor selection of linebackers available and looked at Brown or Perryman. Decided on Perryman as a 2 down backer rather than Brown who is great in coverage but can’t tackle, it’s quite clear that David can’t be easily replaced. I then realised I had lots of cap space as I couldn’t bring back those listed above, Was going to bid on A number of backs but most of them would cost 10mil. Whilst I don’t like doing so I thought WTH and got Jones,

Succop is a no brainer. I may have been able to get him later but he was most important of my resigns.

Round 3 and 4 

Rob Gronkowski - resign - TE- 2.1 mil apy

Efe Obada - 34DE - 1.1 mil apy

Corey Bojorquez - P - 980k apy

Tyler Lancaster - 34DE - 925k apy

George Odum - S - 925k apy

Gronk no brainer pretty cheap deal. Obada position flexibility and good sack number on limited snaps last year.
Last three players brought in with no SB so good roster boost, Lancaster is a strong MF and got some good game experience last season. Odum is brought in for special teams, Bojorquez should win kicker job.

still plenty of moves to make.

Thoughts please gents.