NFC Championship Game: Tampa Bay Yucs at Green Bay Packers

packfanfb

15 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Could be worse. Could have grown up watching the 70's and 80's Packers poverty teams like my poor dad got stuck with. The playoff losses have been brutal but I'm still glad my entire existence has consisted of watching good Packers teams for nearly 30 years. I don't know what its like to just be stuck watching a bad football team year after year

I do, unfortunately.  I too had to endure all of those horrible seasons of crappy football.  It ain't fun to try to cheer for a team that made only 2 appearances in the post season in 24 years (and one of those was the strike shortened season of 1982).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I do, unfortunately.  I too had to endure all of those horrible seasons of crappy football.  It ain't fun to try to cheer for a team that made only 2 appearances in the post season in 24 years (and one of those was the strike shortened season of 1982).

That was some dark humor when we didn’t want the regular team to replace our beloved strike squad. 

14 hours ago, Leader said:

It's one system (and personnel) versus the other. The only concerning aspect of it for me is that is a carbon copy of what other teams have done against us. Almost exactly. Shouldnt be a mystery....the key is what we do to reverse it and not let it happen again.

I don't know about this year, tho.  In week 11 against Indy we lost mainly because of 4 turnovers - the most devastating was MVS in OT.  Against MN in week 8 we lost because we let Devin Cook ran wild.  The only game in which a defense ran roughshod against us was in Tampa.

Forgot the words:

Hail, hail, the gang’s all here to yell for you
and keep you going in your winning ways

Hail, hail, the gang’s all here to tell you, too, that, win or lose,
we’ll always sing your praises

Go, you Packers, go and get ‘em
Go, you fighting fools, upset ‘em
Smash their line with all your might
A touchdown, Packers, fight! Fight! Fight!

Fight on, you blue and gold, to glory
Win the game, the same old story

Fight, you Packers, fight
and bring the bacon home
to old Green Bay

Later did the words change to green and gold instead of blue and gold.  It wasn't until 1959 when the change was made permanent.  

I have a different Packer cheer.  It’s kinda like:

CATCH THE ****ING BALL!

And then the second line, which comes like 5 seconds later:

GO FOR IT!

And then:

TACKLE HIM DON’T TICKLE HIM!

And then:

USE YOUR ARMS NOT YOUR BELLY BUTTON!

The great thing about my Packer cheer is that it changes weekly.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Way too much confidence here from a fan base who has seen the number of blowouts from lesser quarterbacks than Tom Brady over the past 10 years if you ask me.

Don’t say I didn’t try to prepare you all.

I am trying to protect your hearts.

Come on now outpost31 ... I mean Debbiedowner31 ... your heart can't be broken every year and you got a new supply of bag balm didn't you?!

10 minutes ago, ChillerBee said:

I'd have MVS running double moves all week in practice in preparation for this game. From what I've seen of the Bucs this year their secondary is super aggressive - just ripe to be burned on the long ball (heh). 

I think that is putting it lightly. Not only that they really need to sell and get the refs attention when they are held. It seems part of the Bucs playing so aggressive is they hold WRs constantly and probably only get called for a fraction of them. When the Packers get held they need to bring attention to it. 

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

I'm honestly surprised my dad stuck with the team throughout all of that. Wasn't like he had a geographical connection to them since he was born and raised in northern CA. Could have easily just switched to one of the local teams, specifically the Raiders, who were great in the 70's when he was growing up. 

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

What exactly was his injury on Saturday against the Rams?  I can't remember...

Listed as a quad injury, likely a bruise from a direct hit there during the game on his fumble