NFC Championship Game: Tampa Bay Yucs at Green Bay Packers

packfanfb

4 minutes ago, Howler said:

Some say we don't need a quality #2 in Lafleur's offense, but you need one for exactly like games like this, when the run game is outmanned. I will bang the drum for Rondale Moore because I see some Tyreek Hill in him. We need a dynamic player. We are in dire need of one. The packers will probably pass on him because they are so rigid on what a WR should look like. 

You need to be able to run the ball effectively to enable MLF's offense to really go.  We couldn't and it cost us big time.

Just now, Pugger said:

The list of people responsible for this disaster is extensive.

LaFleur kicking the FG
Pettine being Pettine
Jones fumbling and giving up 7 points
Adams dropping the TD
EQ dropping the 2PT
Turner and Wagner getting worked
King getting beat like a drum
Redmond dropping the INT
Savage not breaking up the Godwin 52-yarder
Sullivan on third downs
ST yet again letting us down

Ironic that one of the only guys who came to play today was MVS.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lodestar said:

LaFleur kicking the FG
Pettine being Pettine
Jones fumbling and giving up 7 points
Adams dropping the TD
EQ dropping the 2PT
Turner and Wagner getting worked
King getting beat like a drum
Redmond dropping the INT
Savage not breaking up the Godwin 52-yarder
Sullivan on third downs
ST yet again letting us down

Ironic that one of the only guys who came to play today was MVS.

And my boy Jaire. 

18 minutes ago, Howler said:

Some say we don't need a quality #2 in Lafleur's offense, but you need one for exactly like games like this, when the run game is outmanned. I will bang the drum for Rondale Moore because I see some Tyreek Hill in him. We need a dynamic player that alters entire defensive gameplans. We are in dire need of one. But the packers will probably pass on him because they are so rigid on what a WR should look like. 

MVS went for over 100 yards plus a TD.  What exactly would a "#2" receiver have changed today?

• Like 3

I think we should just trade Rodgers to the highest bidder and get the max return. Suck for a few years while loading up on high draft picks. The league is getting harder every year, Rodgers will never get this far again in GB. let the guy go compete for a ring elsewhere. 

Let's take full advantage of Loves rookie deal while building a stellar defense and getting him real weapons like KC. You're not going to get that picking in the late 30's every year. Rodgers is a blessing and a curse. He will take you deep in the playoffs every year but he can't get you to the promise land. His salary prevents you from bringing in or retaining key FA.  And he hurts your draft position every year because he's so good in the regular season. Just blow it up and rebuild around Love, Alexander and Clark. 

13 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

MVS went for over 100 yards plus a TD.  What exactly would a "#2" receiver have changed today?

Maybe less sacks and pressures if Rodgers didn't have to hold the ball waiting for receivers to break open.  It doesn't help that nearly all our receivers are of the long strider variety. Creating consistent separation has been a significant problem for years. Granted, LaFleur has done a lot to scheme mismatches and exploit holes in defenses. 

Edited by Howler

5 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I think we should just trade Rodgers to the highest bidder and get the max return. Suck for a few years while loading up on high draft picks. The league is getting harder every year, Rodgers will never get this far again in GB. let the guy go compete for a ring elsewhere. 

Let's take full advantage of Loves rookie deal while building a stellar defense and getting him real weapons like KC. You're not going to get that picking in the late 30's every year. Rodgers is a blessing and a curse. He will take you deep in the playoffs every year but he can't get you to the promise land. His salary prevents you from bringing in or retaining key FA.  And he hurts your draft position every year because he's so good in the regular season. Just blow it up and rebuild around Love, Alexander and Clark. 

saying you want to build around Love is like planning to build a team around... Jameis winston?  What exactly is Love and his rookie deal worth if you are planning to be bad for 3 years anyway.

Makes no sense to me

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

saying you want to build around Love is like planning to build a team around... Jameis winston?  What exactly is Love and his rookie deal worth if you are planning to be bad for 3 years anyway.

Makes no sense to me

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Makes no sense to me

Thing is we don't really know what we have in Love. He may be better than we think. Putting real talent around him will make him successful.

Just now, St Vince said:

Thing is we don't really know what we have in Love. He may be better than we think. Putting real talent around him will make him successful.

may be better than we think = probably he's jameis winston, maybe maaaybe he's ryan tannehill.  Not player comps, just effectiveness comps.

It's a really bad assumption that Favre and then Rodgers and then obviously Love will work out because it's the packers.  Packers also drafted Brian Brohm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

may be better than we think = probably he's jameis winston, maybe maaaybe he's ryan tannehill.  Not player comps, just effectiveness comps.

It's a really bad assumption that Favre and then Rodgers and then obviously Love will work out because it's the packers.  Packers also drafted Brian Brohm.

Thing is we still don't know because we never seen him play in a real NFL game. Can we at least see him in a real game before we put the Winston label on him?

4 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Thing is we still don't know because we never seen him play in a real NFL game. Can we at least see him in a real game before we put the Winston label on him?

only way he's seeing the field is a rodgers injury.   The folks looking at Love right now are not in the right headspace.  Rodgers has 5-7 more years of playing like this in this system.

2 minutes ago, St Vince said:

The only contributor from the 2020 draft class was Dillon. Totally  unacceptable.

?  Why's that?  Without going into the specifics of each player, we had another excellent season and got to the NFCCG again.

Where's the unacceptable part? Are you implying input from some other player would have put us in the Super Bowl?   If so, what player would that be?