Lions and Stafford agree to part ways and will explore trades.

TheRealMcCoy

Just now, thebestever6 said:

I get that but why's San Francisco have an inside track? According too sources

"Sources" believe the two best landing spots for Stafford are San Fran and Indy. San Fran has a higher first round pick. No one actually knows what is being offered, but this is why some "sources" believe San Fran is the favorite.

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

"Sources" believe the two best landing spots for Stafford are San Fran and Indy. San Fran has a higher first round pick. No one actually knows what is being offered, but this is why some "sources" believe San Fran is the favorite.

Yeah but Denver has a higher pick than San Francisco so I think there's more to it if it's that simple

Just now, thebestever6 said:

Yeah but Denver has a higher pick than San Francisco so I think there's more to it if it's that simple

It's just speculation. Some people aren't even including Denver in Stafford trade talks. No one will know until a trade happens and details are leaked about what was offered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

I'd be floored if the broncos are really in at the cost of #9. I'm not even sure if the niners are willing to part with 12. I think they will, but I'm definitely not 100%

• Like 1

According to 710 ESPN Seattle’s John Clayton on 107.5 The Fan’s ‘The Ride with JMV’, he’s hearing that the Indianapolis Colts may very well be the preferred trade destination of recently made available Detroit Lions franchise quarterback Matthew Stafford:

“Indianapolis. That’s the team from what I gather Matthew Stafford likes,” Clayton said on Wednesday. “He likes it better than any other.”

It is a little weird when you remember the context that the Colts ruined Andrew Luck by not protecting him, and how a guy who’s entire career has been hampered by taking shots he never should have taken apparently wants to go to Indy. 

3 hours ago, pwny said:

It is a little weird when you remember the context that the Colts ruined Andrew Luck by not protecting him, and how a guy who’s entire career has been hampered by taking shots he never should have taken apparently wants to go to Indy. 

That’s all on Grigson. Ever sense Ballard arrived the OL has been solid. Add in an improving run game and solid defense, why wouldn’t they be one of his top choices.

Edited by Blackstar12

4 hours ago, pwny said:

He's seen some injuries, but it's going overboard to say Stafford's career has been hampered by injury. He's been a total ironman. He missed time in his first two seasons and in 2019, but he started all 16 games in 9 out of 12 years. The Lions have also had really good pass pro.

• Like 2