Do the 2020 Bucs pose a greater threat to KC than the 2019 49ers did?

dtait93

Do the ‘20 Bucs pose a greater threat to KC than ‘19 SF?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do the ‘20 Bucs pose a greater threat to KC than ‘19 SF?

• Yes
    • No

13 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I like how for the last 10 years the NFC was considered better because Brady got through the AFC all the time and held everyone down and then one year in the NFC all of a sudden the AFC East magically has the Bills and Dolphins seeing light and is deeper and the NFC stalwarts all fell to the wayside of Brady so now it's weaker. 

Tangibly there is really no difference. 

It’s the NFC East, brings your whole conference down

6 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Not my conference. Still have the Saints/Packers/Bucs/Seahawks. AFC was really the Chiefs and Bills. You might have been able to add the Steelers before they fell apart

I don't see any argument for the Seahawks deserving to be listed there, but not a number of other AFC teams, given how the Seahawks looked by the end of it.

There's nothing complicated about why people considered the AFC stronger this year. The AFC had 8 teams with winning records, the NFC had 5. The AFC had a 10 win team miss the playoffs, while the NFC had an 8-8 team and a team with a losing record make it. The AFC had a winning record against the NFC, and more wins total. The AFC did have the two worst teams in the NFL, but aside from that, the AFC did not have nearly as many bad teams as the NFC did. It's also pretty clear where the power shifted, as the AFC has just a bunch of QBs that have risen up these past few years (Mahomes, Watson, Allen, Jackson, Mayfield, Herbert, Tannehill.)

It has nothing to do with Brady.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

I don't see any argument for the Seahawks deserving to be listed there, but not a number of other AFC teams, given how the Seahawks looked by the end of it.

There's nothing complicated about why people considered the AFC stronger this year. The AFC had 8 teams with winning records, the NFC had 5. The AFC had a 10 win team miss the playoffs, while the NFC had an 8-8 team and a team with a losing record make it. The AFC had a winning record against the NFC, and more wins total. The AFC did have the two worst teams in the NFL, but aside from that, the AFC did not have nearly as many bad teams as the NFC did. It's also pretty clear where the power shifted, as the AFC has just a bunch of QBs that have risen up these past few years (Mahomes, Watson, Allen, Jackson, Mayfield, Herbert, Tannehill.)

It has nothing to do with Brady.

If Brady was in the AFC East again, it's nearly the same situation as 2019 for that divison. 

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

I like how for the last 10 years the NFC was considered better because Brady got through the AFC all the time and held everyone down and then one year in the NFC all of a sudden the AFC East magically has the Bills and Dolphins seeing light and is deeper and the NFC stalwarts all fell to the wayside of Brady so now it's weaker. 

Tangibly there is really no difference. 

Are you implying the Bills getting better thanks to Josh Allen's leap was due to the absence of Brady?

6 minutes ago, ASmithFan1010 said:

Are you implying the Bills getting better thanks to Josh Allen's leap was due to the absence of Brady?

I'm implying that the Bills for the first time in the last 20 years didn't have two automatically losses on their record and weren't chasing a team that could sleepwalk to 11 wins (which even if you look at the Pats schedule you can find enough games where a far superior QB like Brady over Newton would make up the gap). People ignore that as much as Allen improved the Bills defense took a big step back this year. 

There's a reason why two teams in that division looked like they didn't have an albatross strapped to them for the first time in many years. And the big bad man not being there is part of that. 

Unless you think it's just a big coincidence that a perrennial winner took a step back and had their first non winning season in many years and a perrennial loser is in the Super Bowl. I tend to think things like that aren't in a vacuum. 

Edited by lancerman

4 hours ago, Archimedes said:

Man, I think people are massively overrating the current version of Brady. He’s not elite anymore in any way, shape, or form. He still pretty good, and very clutch, but he’s not Rodgers, Wilson, or Watson. The funny thing is he wasn’t even the main reason the Bucs won the NFCCG. He played well in the first half and was a disaster in the second half, but his defense and the Packers committing some self inflicted errors bailed him out.

Of course he’s elite hes 3rd in  DYAR this season

3 hours ago, coltstrong said:

Yes brady is no where near as good as he was in his prime like 07.  Brady just has the greatest core of wrs and tighends of all time he has 3 probrowl wrs plus scotty miller who is a beast then gronk and another great tight end i just forget his name . if you gave 07 brady this offense they would drop 60 touchdowns .  brady had so many picks this post season . the bucks played the football team who has a losing record barely beating them then drew breese who is so beat up and injured hands the game to brady after throwing so many picks brady did not even play well then without the picks the saints roll over them.  Even the packers team is bad its just rodgers adams and jones holding them up .   the chiefs will murder the bucs by 30 points the bucs passing defense is horrible and the chiefs defensive line is elite and will get to brady all game this is a big mismatch .

Brady had 3 picks this postseason. That’s so many.

Lol at the packers being bad now. 

Edited by CP3MVP

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

If Brady was in the AFC East again, it's nearly the same situation as 2019 for that divison. 

That has little to do with overall conference performance. Sure, if we want to say that's the case, you throw Brady back on the Pats, the Pats get better, the Bills and Dolphins get a little worse (still would each have winning records), the Bucs get worse, and the AFC is still the better overall conference.

Your point makes no sense here. This isn't about Brady. You're just trying to make it about him for some reason. Like, if the Bills and Dolphins both lost out against the Patriots, both teams still had better records and better seasons than the year before. The AFC would still have more wins than losses, where as they didn't in 2019. This is not just about Brady and the AFC East. It has as much to do with the AFC North improving (even if Balt got worse), the NFC East becoming trash, San Fran falling apart from injuries, Minnesota regressing, Indy getting a QB, etc.

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

Of course he’s elite hes 3rd in  DYAR this season

Nope. If Brady is elite then so is Ryan Tannehill (pro tip, neither are elite). Brady, like Tannehill, is a good but not great QB who put up good numbers this year thanks to playing on a loaded offense. The Bucs have the most talented and deepest pool of receiving options in the league.

37 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

Nope. If Brady is elite then so is Ryan Tannehill (pro tip, neither are elite). Brady, like Tannehill, is a good but not great QB who put up good numbers this year thanks to playing on a loaded offense. The Bucs have the most talented and deepest pool of receiving options in the league.

Having the “most talented offense” has never stopped anyone from being elite.

in regards to Tannehil, nobody thought the titans offensive talent was elite until he got there and had to explain his success. I remember people saying mariota had no one to throw it too. They’re offense was garbage before he got there.

It should be noted tampa was 23rd in DVOA last year and are top 3 this year.  I wonder what changed. 

Edited by CP3MVP

9 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Having the “most talented offense” has never stopped anyone from being elite.

in regards to Tannehil, nobody thought the titans offensive talent was elite until he got there and had to explain his success. I remember people saying mariota had no one to throw it too. They’re offense was garbage before he got there.

It should be noted tampa was 23rd in DVOA last year and are top 3 this year.  I wonder what changed. 

You’re right, it hasn’t. But if you have the most talented offensive supporting cast in the league, and you’re elite, you should have, at minimum, a top 3 season statistically. Brady didn’t.

As far as Tannehill, are we seriously about to have a debate on whether he’s elite or not??? Like seriously??? He’s a good QB who replaced a crappy one. Good for him, but it doesn’t make him elite.

As far as Tampa’s DVOA improving, they upgraded from a crappy QB to a good one, and added even more talent on offense (Brown and Gronkowski) after already having one of the best receiving duos in the league. That’s what changed.

Brady wasn’t elite this year.

He wasn’t borderline elite.

He was a pretty good QB on an extremely talented team.

4 hours ago, lancerman said:

Not my conference. Still have the Saints/Packers/Bucs/Seahawks. AFC was really the Chiefs and Bills. You might have been able to add the Steelers before they fell apart

I don't see how you can put the Seahawks there but then leave out the Ravens, Browns, Titans, and Colts. Those are all around the same level of team

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lancerman said:

The Seahawks weren’t any better than the Browns or Colts. 

The 4 best teams were the ones who played on championship Sunday