Do the 2020 Bucs pose a greater threat to KC than the 2019 49ers did?

dtait93

Do the ‘20 Bucs pose a greater threat to KC than ‘19 SF?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do the ‘20 Bucs pose a greater threat to KC than ‘19 SF?

• Yes
    • No

Not for me. 

SF's DL was menacing as well, and Bosa is still the player with the most pressures in the playoffs for two years (despite obviously missing these playoffs)

The speed and skill at LB is good with both, I'd say that's a wash

Not sure about secondary. TB better corners, SF better S?

Shanahans scheme and run game would scare me more than Arians and the deep passing. Brady will hit a few, but more will be missed and some will be turnovers

However, the way you beat KC is to never stop scoring. TB's way is more likely to pile up a big score than SF's I think. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

6 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Not for me. 

SF's DL was menacing as well, and Bosa is still the player with the most pressures in the playoffs for two years (despite obviously missing these playoffs)

While this is true, KC had both Schwartz and Fisher playing in the SB last year. They will have neither this year.

Plus I think Vea being back is hugely underrated. Shaq Barrett looked like the Shaq Barrett of last year against GB with Vea able to soak up the guards/center all the while pushing the Pocket back by like a yard.

Edited by Bolts223

11 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

I agree with you about the Defense being better and the Run game is wayyyy better than the Bucs...      The thing I don't agree with is Tom Brady isn't 100% head and shoulders better than Jimmy G.    I mean

Jimmy G  stats  27TD / 13INT  3900 yards 69% comp  

Brady stats?  40TD / 12INT  4600 yards 65% COMP

That seems like head and shoulders above Jimmy G to me

That's fair.  I guess if you have Brady at 4-5 and Jimmy at 14-15 then that would be head and shoulders better.  My point was Jimmy G was a slightly above average QB in 2019.  In this thread, people are pretending like he was complete trash.  Upon review, I think you're probably right but I don't think the bulk numbers do Jimmy justice as Brady threw a lot more (476 vs 610).  Here are the efficiency numbers.

AY/A is 8.3.  Brady's is 8.  

TD %: 5.7 vs 6.6%

Rating 102 vs 102.2

Int % 2.7 vs 2

The TD% and INT% are the big ones. I'd argue Jimmy's TD % would be roughly 6.0% if you gave him Brady's redzone attempts.  It's still a bit less but it is somewhat comparable.  Jimmy sucks at protecting the football so the int % is legit.

2 minutes ago, rich homie said:

I don't know why people keep mentioning "the Brady factor" like the Bucs didn't just win two games in a row with him throwing for 199 yards and then 3 interceptions.

Thats kind of the point that people are saying is the "factor".    Having Brady on the team instills confidence in these guys and making them play harder to not let down one of the greats in the league.  On defense these guys have confidence in Brady even if he makes mistakes they will eventually score.  With Jameis last year you could see the defense get absolutely deflated when the turnovers came because they did not have that same confidence in Jameis to lead them to victory compared to Brady.

On 1/25/2021 at 12:54 PM, Jlowe22 said:

Depends on how many picks Brady throws. He’s been trying to throw picks for weeks now, and nobody can make him pay, but KC and that offense will do it.

In all honesty, I’d worry about my oline if I were KC.  A banged up oline against the Bucs is not a good thing be having.

If KC's tackles are banged up they better do a better job of assisting those backups than we did on Sunday.  Our tackles in that game were spinning tops.

On 1/25/2021 at 1:39 PM, Titans_Matt said:

Yes, but this is due to Chiefs injuries, more so than the Bucs being a better team than the 2019 49ers.

Edit-Also the whole Tom Brady being Tom Brady thing

Brady will have to play better than he did against us.  He was overthrowing people and threw 3 picks.  Unfortunately for us we never made him pay.

18 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Brady will have to play better than he did against us.  He was overthrowing people and threw 3 picks.  Unfortunately for us we never made him pay.

Not disagreeing here at all. But the second pick was entirely Evans fault, and the 3rd one was a very stupid heave by Brady. I doubt he makes that mistake in the Super Bowl. As long as he doesn't play anymore WR, Brady seems to be very clutch in the Super Bowl. I still think the Chiefs win regardless, but just stating why I had the thought that the Bucs have a better chance than the 49ers.

3 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

Thats kind of the point that people are saying is the "factor".    Having Brady on the team instills confidence in these guys and making them play harder to not let down one of the greats in the league.  On defense these guys have confidence in Brady even if he makes mistakes they will eventually score.  With Jameis last year you could see the defense get absolutely deflated when the turnovers came because they did not have that same confidence in Jameis to lead them to victory compared to Brady.

Are you implying that the Bucs players would choose to make bad plays because of their QB situation last year?

There are some tangible benefits to defensive players when they have good QB play. The argument doesn't work here because Brady has not been playing well. Like when he threw three interceptions in 7 passes, and the Bucs defense held Rodgers to only 7 points off those turnovers; to turn around and try to make it seem like that was actually Brady's accomplishment is kind of laughable.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, rich homie said:

Are you implying that the Bucs players would choose to make bad plays because of their QB situation last year?

There are some tangible benefits to defensive players when they have good QB play. The argument doesn't work here because Brady has not been playing well. Like when he threw three interceptions in 7 passes, and the Bucs defense held Rodgers to only 7 points off those turnovers; to turn around and try to make it seem like that was actually Brady's accomplishment is kind of laughable.

No...  I'm talking about the psychological aspect that has nothing to do with QB play or abilities.  Sorry you don't understand it but I really don't feel like going into detail about the intricacies of winning/losing etc..    There are a ton of research articles out there if your interested in learning about it.

7 hours ago, rich homie said:

I don't know why people keep mentioning "the Brady factor" like the Bucs didn't just win two games in a row with him throwing for 199 yards and then 3 interceptions.

The Bucs won because Tom Brady is a great leader/coach and his players are currently playing at a higher level than they otherwise would have.
"the Brady factor" is a legit concern, of course.

Look at how the team has come together in such a short time. 
The Bucs lose badly to Saints twice in the RS. Then, in January, Old Man River takes his team to N'Orleans and beats them.

Chiefs have a concern here of course.

This game is really such a gift. Either we have a pass the torch moment where Mahomes beats the GOAT for his second championship or Tom Brady puts his name so far up and away into GOAT status that you really have to consider him for sports GOAT. 

Just now, Leoric said:

This game is really such a gift. Either we have a pass the torch moment where Mahomes beats the GOAT for his second championship or Tom Brady puts his name so far up and away into GOAT status that you really have to consider him for sports GOAT. 

Inb4 SB 53 repeat.