Bears 2021 roster/trades/transactions

JAF-N72EX

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Pace is going to turn a 2nd round pick- that he traded up for just 3 years ago, mind you- for a 6th or 7th round pick. What a f***ing joke

I don't know that it would be that low of a pick--Miller has flashed, at times--but you're still right. It's hardly an ideal scenario. Miller could still end up being a heckuva player with the right (meaning good) coach and the right (meaning good) quarterback. 

26 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Brown and Brady are close friends. I'd think he definitely goes back to Tampa

I'm not sure. You'd think he'd have been signed already, wouldn't you? 

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

It's hardly an ideal scenario. Miller could still end up being a heckuva player with the right (meaning good) coach and the right (meaning good) quarterback. 

On the one hand, you just can't fix "stupid" and A.Miller gets in his own way more than anyone else on the team.  He needs a team that can thrive off platform/script  KC or GB would honestly be good spots for him..... or where ever Zach Wilson ends up.

2 minutes ago, Epyon said:

On the one hand, you just can't fix "stupid" and A.Miller gets in his own way more than anyone else on the team.  He needs a team that can thrive off platform/script  KC or GB would honestly be good spots for him..... or where ever Zach Wilson ends up.

I'm not sure if it's "stupid" more than it is pure attitude, and a lack of focus. The Bears haven't been kind to that kid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm not sure if it's "stupid" more than it is pure attitude, and a lack of focus. The Bears haven't been kind to that kid. 

From the moment he opted for the draft Miller paired a stunning amount of audacity (writing letters to every NFL GM saying draft me) with an equal amount of immaturity.  We mistook his cockiness for confidence.  Anthony Miller likes to do things his way and has resisted the kind of route discipline needed by an NFL Slot WR.  He has talent but can that talent be harnessed?

Nothing showed his immaturity more than the swing he took at the Saints DB even AFTER he'd been warned about it for days beforehand. He won't listen to his coaches or show the kind of discipline and maturity needed so he's useless to us and this was yet another kid Pace traded up for.  So that TWO 2nd round receiver busts.  Miller and Shaheen and we have had to redraft or will redraft their positions.

Paces serial misses on highly drafted pass catchers is a huge problem when we need to either sign pricier FA like ARob and keep spending higher picks on WRs and TEs that should have gone to OL and DL or maybe a QB.  These kind of misses are far more annoying to me than his miss on Trubisky.  Pace wasn't the only GM who had Mitch as their top QB and highly drafted QBs are still a 50/50 deal.

Back to Miller.  Whatta ya' gonna get for him?  Whose even gonna give up a pick when they believe you're gonna release him?  If we got a conditional 6th or 7th we'd be money ahead.  If I was doing the trading I do a swap for someone else's "misfit" and call it a day.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, soulman said:

From the moment he opted for the draft Miller paired a stunning amount of audacity (writing letters to every NFL GM saying draft me) with an equal amount of immaturity.  We mistook his cockiness for confidence.  Anthony Miller likes to do things his way and has resisted the kind of route discipline needed by an NFL Slot WR.  He has talent but can that talent be harnessed?

Nothing showed his immaturity more than the swing he took at the Saints DB even AFTER he'd been warned about it for days beforehand. He won't listen to his coaches or show the kind of discipline and maturity needed so he's useless to us and this was yet another kid Pace traded up for.  So that TWO 2nd round receiver busts.  Miller and Shaheen and we have had to redraft or will redraft their positions.

Paces serial misses on highly drafted pass catchers is a huge problem when we need to either sign pricier FA like ARob and keep spending higher picks on WRs and TEs that should have gone to OL and DL or maybe a QB.  These kind of misses are far more annoying to me than his miss on Trubisky.  Pace wasn't the only GM who had Mitch as their top QB and highly drafted QBs are still a 50/50 deal.

Back to Miller.  Whatta ya' gonna get for him?  Whose even gonna give up a pick when they believe you're gonna release him?  If we got a conditional 6th or 7th we'd be money ahead.  If I was doing the trading I do a swap for someone else's "misfit" and call it a day.

Miller has been given enough chances to show maturity and every time it looks like he may be turning a new corner he does something else stupid and his act in the playoffs was the last straw and put him in Nagy's doghouse.

That said, I think all of this trade talk is just smoke at attempt to get what they can out of him now before they release him.  They may be trying to see what they can get for him but teams aren't falling for it.  I think Pace goes WR in mid-late rounds and Miller ends up traded after the draft or released.  We have already seen Mooney and Kmet take away his targets towards the end of the season. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Miller has been given enough chances to show maturity and every time it looks like he may be turning a new corner he does something else stupid and his act in the playoffs was the last straw and put him in Nagy's doghouse.

That said, I think all of this trade talk is just smoke at attempt to get what they can out of him now before they release him.  They may be trying to see what they can get for him but teams aren't falling for it.  I think Pace goes WR in mid-late rounds and Miller ends up traded after the draft or released.  We have already seen Mooney and Kmet take away his targets towards the end of the season. 

Yup.  Then at least they can say they tried to trade him.  🙄

It's kinda like this standing joke with musicians.  The wife says you have too many guitars and have to sell one to pay down the credit card balance.  So you pick one worth $500 and list it for $1000.  When it doesn't even get a single offer you tell your wife "I tried honey but no one is buying right now". 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, soulman said:

Yup.  Then at least they can say they tried to trade him.  🙄

It's kinda like this standing joke with musicians.  The wife says you have too many guitars and have to sell one to pay down the credit card balance.  So you pick one worth $500 and list it for $1000.  When it doesn't even get a single offer you tell your wife "I tried honey but no one is buying right now". 

LMAO.  That's a great analogy. Not only because it fits but more-so because it's so relatable.
My wife will bring up all of my old tech stuff that are lying around (computer parts, phone parts, TV parts, drone parts, project parts, etc) and while I don't sell them, I will tell her "you never know when someone else might need them".

I also have a bad habit of convincing myself of this too as to a reason to keep them around, which is also relevant to the Pace/Nagy/Miller situation lol.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2021 at 12:31 PM, malagabears said:

Antonio Brown still on the market and a deal with the Bucs seems unlikely. Would anyone take a 1 year flier at the right price? I doubt it, just asking.

https://twitter.com/TBTimes_Sports/status/1379448814390550528?s=20

I would.  When Raiders took him at top dollar after Pitt got tired of his show  I publicly laughed and that blew up more spectacularly than anyone could have predicted. 

But he has been through ringer now and knows no one is going to put up with his crap anymore.   He would definitely be worth a short contract IMO.   He fills a need at what is likely an affordable price.     

In spurts he is still better than any WR Bears have on Roster including ARob.   ARob is more consistent and better overall at this time as he is in prime and Brown is not, but Brown at this best is still much better.       

Bears won't do it though.    They don't know when to take a calculated risk or time one.   Timing is right to acquire Brown now (assuming he will pay for low pay).  Stupid before.   He will probably go to KC or Cleveland or Jets.

No one is going to trade for Miller.   Maybe they throw a 6th or 7th out there if more than one team wants him.

Pace collecting all these 6th and 7th rounders.   To me those are just priority UDFAs which is meaningless if you don't have a staff dedicated to developing them in season and not just training camp.

I think Pace is actually really good at bringing in unknown talent with high potential, but Bears are crappy at taking advantage of it by development.

I think if Belichick had Pace Patriots would be rolling because Belichick and staff can develop raw talent and Pace is really good at finding raw talent with a high ceiling.  But Belichick ego is such that he wouldn't let Pace do it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Pace collecting all these 6th and 7th rounders.  

we got a 6th from miami by trading shaheen, a guy most of us wanted to straight cut. we have 2 6ths as comp picks, which we finally started getting after years of not having any. we have our original 6th. we traded our 7th 2 years ago for eddy p. 

your statement reads like pace is smaug and is hording gold in a mountain

32 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

we got a 6th from miami by trading shaheen, a guy most of us wanted to straight cut. we have 2 6ths as comp picks, which we finally started getting after years of not having any. we have our original 6th. we traded our 7th 2 years ago for eddy p. 

your statement reads like pace is smaug and is hording gold in a mountain

I am saying vast majority of late round picks (6th and 7th) never even see the field and most are flat cut.

Yes you can find gold and even HOFers there, but as a whole they aren't particularly valuable.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2021 at 3:47 PM, Heinz D. said:

I don't know that it would be that low of a pick--Miller has flashed, at times--but you're still right. It's hardly an ideal scenario. Miller could still end up being a heckuva player with the right (meaning good) coach and the right (meaning good) quarterback. 

IMHO Miller's problem has far less to do with his talent and everything to do with his lack of maturity and lack of discipline.  He plays like he's still at Memphis and thinks he's still that college **** of the walk WR.  Pace mistook his cockiness for confidence and we've paid the price.

Unless he gets over his bad self I don't know that he'll ever be as good as he likes to think he is.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, soulman said:

IMHO Miller's problem has far less to do with his talent and everything to do with his lack of maturity and lack of discipline.  He plays like he's still at Memphis and thinks he's still that college **** of the walk WR.  Pace mistook his cockiness for confidence and we've paid the price.

Unless he gets over his bad self I don't know that he'll ever be as good as he likes to think he is.

Yeah, it's the whole diva thing. If Trubisky didn't depend on Robinson like a security blanket...I think we'd have slightly different opinions of Miller. Which kind of makes you wonder why Pace is eager to trade him now, once Mitch is gone--but whatever. Another mystery from the enigmatic mind of Ryan Pace. 

On 4/14/2021 at 5:21 PM, Heinz D. said:

Yeah, it's the whole diva thing. If Trubisky didn't depend on Robinson like a security blanket...I think we'd have slightly different opinions of Miller. Which kind of makes you wonder why Pace is eager to trade him now, once Mitch is gone--but whatever. Another mystery from the enigmatic mind of Ryan Pace. 

If Miller ran routes correctly, and was trustworthy, I'm sure he would have been targeted much more. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, G08 said:

If Miller ran routes correctly, and was trustworthy, I'm sure he would have been targeted much more. 

You also need a QB who can see Miller when he is open and the ability to throw the ball accurately too.  Unfortunately, we don't have that.

For example, 1st and G from the 7 yard line against the Panthers on the opening drive. Panther played man coverage and Miller beat his man on a corner route and was wide open in the end zone and Foles checked it down to Graham for 1 yard lol.

https://[LINK ERROR]/zlyu7u

He's not a bad player. He's just needs to grow up and go to a team(coach) who is better at utilizing his strengths.

• Like 1