JAF-N72EX

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 10:29 AM, HuskieBear said:

contract deets per otc

Trufant - 1/1.075m, no guarantees

Williams - 1/1.5m, 1M guaranteed

Jones - 1/1.213m, 538k guaranteed

Burns - 1/990k

I updated everything tonight but I don't have the time to update the OP.  I'll try to do it tonight between work but it's not likely.

A few notes regarding some minor changes going on behind the scenes;

---Some players (too many to name) have taken 50k-300k upfront cash money to create space for this year. The changes didn't necessarily affect the cap space for this year but more or less gave these players more insurance.  Alot of which of are players who will not likely see any significant playing time. This is all pro-forma BS.

---Dalton initially signed a 1 year 10M deal but in typical Pace fashion he added 2 void years to the contract in order to spread out the 10M among 2 years. His cap hit went from 10M down to 5M.

---Eddie Jackson converted 7.5M of his recent money to a signing bonus and also received another void year (for the 2nd time in 3 years) lowering his cap hit for 2021 by 6.4M.  His cap hit went from 11.5M down to 5.1M.

---Whitehair also converted 5.5M to SB money to create 4.4M in cap space this year.

---Did Scales NOT really sign an extension? Or am I just over-analyzing things?

Usual Reliable news sources reported Scales signed a contract over 2 weeks ago at the same time as Santos, Odonnel, Ifedi, Edwards, and Bush.  The article was even posted on the Bears website and OTC even included Scales and his contract.  However, if you look at the official Bears transaction page  you will see Santos, Odonnel, Ifedi, Edwards, and Bush mentioned in the transactions but not Scales.  OTC has also removed him, even though he was listed 2 weeks ago.

Am I looking into this too much?

9 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

We also brought back Jeremiah Attaochu and a few others.  I legit don't know who that is but my first thought was....

giphy.gif

OLB - drafted out of georgia tech in the 2nd round by the chargers, spent 3-4 years there, then a forgotten year with the jets(?) then the last 2 with vic where he put up 5.5 sacks as a 3rd lb last year

3 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

OLB - drafted out of georgia tech in the 2nd round by the chargers, spent 3-4 years there, then a forgotten year with the jets(?) then the last 2 with vic where he put up 5.5 sacks as a 3rd lb last year

I really liked him coming out but IIRC he was really hindered with injuries

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

I really liked him coming out but IIRC he was really hindered with injuries

the chargers are MASTERS at drafting guys with injury historys in college, signing older vets in FA (guys more prone to injury or are available because of injuries) then they lead the league in games missed due to injuries and are completely surprised by the outcome

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

On a somewhat related topic, it sounds like the Anthony Miller trade talks are heating up again...

it seemed to me more of "we leaked to schefter that he was on the trade block, but didn't get much from it, so lets 'leak' it to rappoport that there are multiple teams looking to trade for him to try and get someone to actually trade for him"

• Like 1