Bears 2021 roster/trades/transactions

JAF-N72EX

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

Seems like the Bears are at least 15M over the cap after the signings of Ifedi, Edwards, and Dalton. They're going to need to re-sign or trade Robinson and re-structure more deals.

Imagine having to cut someone like Fuller because we signed Dalton 

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Imagine having to cut someone like Fuller because we signed Dalton 

Dalton still makes less than Mitch did last year, so I doubt this is because of Dalton. Hopefully they're going to sign Rieff.

24 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If the Bears do cut/trade Fuller, Pace will be so excited to have a reason to draft a CB early. 

cc: @Heinz D.

He'd be as giddy as a schoolgirl, wouldn't he? 🙄 

You have to think that somebody would trade for Fuller. Probably give up a decent pick, too. 

15 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Seems like the Bears are at least 15M over the cap after the signings of Ifedi, Edwards, and Dalton. They're going to need to re-sign or trade Robinson and re-structure more deals.

Yep.  About 15.4M by my estimated count.  And I agree, they need to do something. 

I updated the OP, and it's 13.7M over the cap right now but that's not including Odonnell and Bush until the details of the contracts are released.  

Not counting them two, we have 8 players with min contracts of 660k and only 3 of them are counted towards the top-51, as of now.   Odonnell and Bush are probably only getting an average 3M combined and their 2 contracts would cancel out 2 of those 660k contracts. Ultimately, meaning signing them two only really cost 1.7M against the cap, combined.  

3,000,000 - (660k x2) = 1,680,000 + 13.7M = 15.4M

As of now, we have 8 players under min contracts (660k) and only 1 of them are currently counted towards the top-51. And the next person we sign will push that contract beyond the top-51.  

After that, we have Tre Roberson is set to make 722k, and then 5 players set to make 780K.

As it stands,  94M on offense and 106M on defense.

I still think Hicks might be a cap casualty (either by trade or release), and that would clear 10.5M.  Extending/trading Arob would clear 3-5M to re-sign and 18M to trade.  Extending Fuller would clear around 7M.

52 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

That is a pain trying to do that on my phone. But don’t know if it pertains at all to the numbers in this thread, especially since it doesn’t say how they got under. 

The only thing I can think of is that Robinson's number isn't counted until he signs the franchise tender.