Stafford traded to the Rams for Goff, multiple FRPs

TheRealMcCoy

3 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I feel like I've been higher on Stafford than the consensus for years, until apparently today. Now, some are overrating him. He's on the higher end of the averageish tier of QBs. I've also been lower on Goff historically than many, but even then, he's just on the lower end of the averageish tier of QBs. This is an upgrade for the Rams, but I really don't think it's a needle moving kind of upgrade. And the worst part is, he's 33. Or will be in a week, anyway. I get trying to go all-in on a superbowl window, but this is that to a level I can't agree with. You decreased your ability to add future talent, you put a hard end date on your superbowl window (Stafford's age), and again, I don't think the upgrade is that big. Stafford is Matt Ryan, or maybe Philip Rivers at best. He isn't the consistent carry.

The thing is, we don't know what Goff is. You say he's on the lower end of average, but he was worse than that the past two years, and with a great playcaller, good WRs and this year and average OL.

So there's a chance that we went from a below average QB to an average QB who has never had a team this good around him. 

The best case for the Rams is that this goes the way of Palmer to the Cardinals with Arians, and I can see that playing out (in terms of how successful Stafford could be)

1 minute ago, Mr Bad Example said:

No, that's just completely incorrect. 

2011 - 5038 yds, 41 tds

2015 - 4262, 32 

2019 - played half the season before bowing out due to fractured bones in his back, on pace for 5k yds and 38 tds. 

Plus he has 2-3 other seasons within shouting distance of that 2015 season. He's been a very productive QB throughout his career. 

You’re setting some really good examples.

5 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Roethlisberger's career is littered with him making key plays in important moments for his team. Stafford is the guy who throws the interception that seals his team's fate.

Sure, if he had a consistently better team we probably wouldn't be able to say no playoff wins. We'd still be talking about a guy who shrinks from the big moments.

That's great.  Ben Roethlisberger has won one playoff game since 2009 where his team gave up 20 points or more.  

Don't act like Roethlierberger and Stafford have been in similar situations, but Ben just makes more "key plays in important moments."  It's easier to make a "key play" and win when you only have to score 20 points to win a playoff game for almost every win of your career.  His career playoff wins, his defense gave up 16, 12, 16, 19, 24, 23, 14, 24, 10, 17, 18, 17, and 17 points.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Engh.  It'd definitely help.  But we've seen underachieving guys with athletic profiles put in the same front 7 as Donald and find improvement and success in back-to-back seasons now - that's making a strong case for a sustainable trend.  Pretty much as long as Donald is on this current contract, and I came to accept this long ago, we're not going to carry another $10+ million APY pass-rusher unless it's on a one-year deal or unless there's a substantial uptick adjustment in the salary cap math that happens in the next CBA.

Agreed. I guess as long as we could replace Floyd with another "underachiever" I'll be happy

10 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Literally?

as in he physically assaulted Brady and didn’t get charged? Because that’s what literally means

Literally is modifying "this year" in that sentence, not "beat." Additionally, you're not correct on the meanings of literally or beat, so . . . yeah. 😂

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1

this board is full of delusional Ram fans who thought/currently think Goff is an average QB with or without McVay. Jared Goff sucks. Matt Stafford is average. The Rams got better.

Scource: eyeball test.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

Just now, fortdetroit said:

That's great.  Ben Roethlisberger has won one playoff game since 2009 where his team gave up 20 points or more.  

Don't act like Roethlierberger and Stafford have been in similar situations, but Ben just makes more "key plays in important moments."  It's easier to make a "key play" and win when you only have to score 20 points to win a playoff game for almost every win of your career.  His career playoff wins, his defense gave up 16, 12, 16, 19, 24, 23, 14, 24, 10, 17, 18, 17, and 17 points.  

I’m sorry but if I recall... Didn’t the Bus or someone fumble against Indy. And your defense got the ball back? With a few mins left in the game. And y’all fumbled in the red zone too IIRC. 

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I didn't go out commenting on your post it was just my opinion. Like yours I'm just responding to someone who responding to me.

Your posts have been borderline trolling.  I've learned to chalk up some laughing-at-the-expense-of-a-division-rival posts to banter.  When the only posts in a thread, where there are a number of posts by that particular member, are just that... it's pretty clear that all you're trying to do is be a smug ****.

You're entitled to your opinion.  You're not entitled to your own facts.  And in the post I quoted you have incorrect facts - either because you're not as educated on the facts as you're purporting to be or because you're more interested in carrying the narrative of dragging a division rival than you are at having correct facts.  But hey... that's just my opinion.  😉

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don't know, Jets have #2 and can set themselves up with Zach Wilson or a Deshaun Watson trade. Adding Stafford doesn't make much sense to me if I was them. Their roster is at least two years away. Which is why I don't think they'll trade for Watson either, that roster is bad.

There is the possibility I may have been exaggerating for comedic effect, aka "joking." It's a radical new concept I heard about on Reddit. 

Just now, Jeezla said:

this board is full of delusional Ram fans who thought/currently think Goff is an average QB with or without McVay. Jared Goff sucks. Matt Stafford is average. The Rams got better.

Lol. This is rich. It’s almost like if y’all think Wentz is good. 

Just now, fortdetroit said:

How many playoff games did his offense only score 6 points? Because until the second half of his career, the Steelers managed over 20 points in every playoff game he played in.