Stafford traded to the Rams for Goff, multiple FRPs

TheRealMcCoy

34 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I'd explain it, but all of your posts, save maybe 1, in this thread have indicated you're not looking for actual give-and-take discussion... or really discussion at all.  You appear to want to express your opinion and have it validated by other people, and anyone who expresses anything contrary will be met with derision and sarcasm.

If you're actually interested in actually listening instead of just waiting for your turn to speak, feel free to get at me.

I didn't go out commenting on your post it was just my opinion. Like yours I'm just responding to someone who responding to me.

Edited by 49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Goff beat Brady literally this year.

How much did that game mean? That was Goff profiting off Brady trying some new things out before he flipped the postseason switch.

Edited by Jeezla

2 minutes ago, Xenos said:

What are Snead and McVay doing? Will Stafford really upgrade that offense to a Super Bowl contender?

Don't ask me. This feels like more of an emotional decision than a logical one. If Stafford doesn't win a Super Bowl in the next two years, the Rams will look silly. If Goff plays good football with another franchise, the Rams will look like the stupidest team in the NFL.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

And I could easily see McVay's lack of patience blowing up in his face. To his credit, at least he was smart enough to send Goff to a situation where he isn't likely to succeed (considering the fact that the Lions' top WRs are all FAs).

Do you think he had a choice? Do you feel there's any team not looking to tank that would want to have Goff in 2021?

Edited by LaFellSBXLIXMVP

1 minute ago, August4th said:

I have to say this: I would not be surprised, in fact I believe it, that the Lions gave Stafford a voice in where he would like - or NOT like - to go. Those who are saying the Washington offer was better, it would not surprise me if the Lions preferred the Rams because Stafford did. Now, I don't think the Lions would have taken a bucket of balls from whoever Stafford wanted, but they didn't, did they.

• Like 1

Just now, FrantikRam said:

I'm assuming we lose JJ for sure. If we can keep Floyd it'd be huge for the defense 

Engh.  It'd definitely help.  But we've seen underachieving guys with athletic profiles put in the same front 7 as Donald and find improvement and success in back-to-back seasons now - that's making a strong case for a sustainable trend.  Pretty much as long as Donald is on this current contract, and I came to accept this long ago, we're not going to carry another $10+ million APY pass-rusher unless it's on a one-year deal or unless there's a substantial uptick adjustment in the salary cap math that happens in the next CBA.

2 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

I have to say this: I would not be surprised, in fact I believe it, that the Lions gave Stafford a voice in where he would like - or NOT like - to go. Those who are saying the Washington offer was better, it would not surprise me if the Lions preferred the Rams because Stafford did. Now, I don't think the Lions would have taken a bucket of balls from whoever Stafford wanted, but they didn't, did they.

I think Rogers reported that the Lions were going to whittle it down to what they thought the best 2-3 offers were and then let Stafford decide.

Edited by BofaDeez54927
Negronis

20 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

People say Ben Roethlisberger is washed up and his washed up season would have been a career year for Stafford statistically.

No, that's just completely incorrect. 

2011 - 5038 yds, 41 tds

2015 - 4262, 32 

2019 - played half the season before bowing out due to fractured bones in his back, on pace for 5k yds and 38 tds. 

Plus he has 2-3 other seasons within shouting distance of that 2015 season. He's been a very productive QB throughout his career. 

• Like 2