Stafford traded to the Rams for Goff, multiple FRPs

TheRealMcCoy

It's honestly a fair trade for both sides. Rams get rid of Goff contract which frees up money to spend in FA in the future. The draft is just one way to get new players, FA is the other.

If the Rams win at least 1 SB with Stafford then I don't think anybody will be complaining. It's a gamble on winning now, and it will pay off if we get a Lombardi trophy.

People can say what they want, but Rams haven't had a 1st rounder in years, we've been making mega trades every year, and have been successful winning playoff games and being a TD away from a SB win. 

People saying "how will they build their roster?" Again there is FA, and also 7 rounds in a draft, not just 1. So next year we will still have all our picks 2-7, drafting is about quality and hitting on picks more so than quantity. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Stafford had a great defense in 2014. They still lost in the first round of the playoffs against Dallas (despite leading 20-7 in the 3rd quarter). It's incredible that people are making excuses for a guy not having accomplished anything after 12 years in the NFL. God help McVay if Stafford doesn't take him to a Super Bowl.

So if you lose in the NFC championship to Tom Brady by 3 points this coming year, it was a complete failure, even if Stafford looks great?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Stafford had a great defense in 2014. They still lost in the first round of the playoffs against Dallas (despite leading 20-7 in the 3rd quarter). It's incredible that people are making excuses for a guy not having accomplished anything after 12 years in the NFL. God help McVay if Stafford doesn't take him to a Super Bowl.

Bingo. Exactly what I was pointing out when it seemed like the Niners were serious candidates for Stafford. He's a good QB though and if he can stay healthy, the Rams will be fine. Is he a game changer? I don't see that but Goff had some ROUGH moments the last two years and McVay was ready to move on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Bingo. Exactly what I was pointing out when it seemed like the Niners were serious candidates for Stafford. He's a good QB though and if he can stay healthy, the Rams will be fine. Is he a game changer? I don't see that but Goff had some ROUGH moments the last two years and McVay was ready to move on. 

Stafford been balling in the Honda Civic. McVay is handing him the keys to a Lambo. 

Ok, suppose that Stafford is valued at a first round pick (reasonable). That part of the trade, leave it aside.

Then, we have that the Rams are giving a 1st and a third to get rid of a bad contract. An even with the bad contract, is Goff also valued at zero? Because if Goff has some resemblance of value - i don't like him, i get he regressed - the deal is even worse.