Stafford traded to the Rams for Goff, multiple FRPs

TheRealMcCoy

Just now, Jeezla said:

How many years did Stafford have a good run game and a great defense?

I mean, I admit you've hit on the enigma that is Stafford's career.

How many HOF level QBs (I've seen some claiming Stafford is that as they hype this up) need a great running game and a great defense to win? A single division championship or playoff game? In 12 years?

The Lions' offense this year had a veteran WR corps, a young and developing OL, and at least a mediocre running game (unlike previous years when they had nothing).

We will see! Like I said, I think it's 50/50.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

At best, 1 year... and that's if you're really flexible on the "and."  If the contingency is on both, he hasn't had that since he was a Georgia.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Aging roster? Lmao. We have the second youngest team in the NFL. Hate when people don’t do proper research. 

“You’ll have” I didn’t say you had an old roster now. I hate when people can’t read. 

Just now, Superduperman said:

I mean, I admit you've hit on the enigma that is Stafford's career.

How many HOF level QBs (I've seen some claiming Stafford is that as they hype this up) need a great running game and a great defense to win? A single division championship or playoff game? In 12 years?

The Lions' offense this year had a veteran WR corps, a young and developing OL, and at least a mediocre running game (unlike previous years when they had nothing).

We will see! Like I said, I think it's 50/50.

I don't know, but I know if you don't have Tom Brady or Pat Maholmes, you need a good running game and defense- and then you can win with a guy like Matt Stafford or even Nick Foles.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Stafford had a great defense in 2014. They still lost in the first round of the playoffs against Dallas (despite leading 20-7 in the 3rd quarter). It's incredible that people are making excuses for a guy not having accomplished anything after 12 years in the NFL. God help McVay if Stafford doesn't take him to a Super Bowl.

• Like 2

Hot Damn! 

Yeah Watson is damn near untraceable now. Unless a Herschel Walker type deal is your cup of tea as an Organization?

More I think of it more it makes sense why Detroit was so quick to deal him getting this type of offer. Set the market before the Idiots in Houston settle on 4 boxes of Juicy fruits and 2 bon bons.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

“You’ll have” I didn’t say you had an old roster now. I hate when people can’t read. 

What in 10 years from now? We’ll have recoup the first rounders again. Again it was a bad statement. A ridiculous one tbh. 

Just now, jrry32 said:

Stafford had a great defense in 2014. They still lost in the first round of the playoffs against Dallas (despite leading 20-7 in the 3rd quarter). It's incredible that people are making excuses for a guy not having accomplished anything after 12 years in the NFL. God help McVay if Stafford doesn't take him to a Super Bowl.

The lions were screwed by the refs all game!

• Like 1

Just now, jrry32 said:

I hate to say it, but I believe you guys got that much better. Stafford is better than this forum is giving him credit for.

• Like 5