Stafford traded to the Rams for Goff, multiple FRPs

TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

McVay did get owned, but he never had a chance with Goff against Brady. That's Rex Grossman against Peyton. It ain't happening.

I love the FF hot takes. Goff is not Rex Grossman. Rex Grossman had a 4 game stretch of competent play out of the gate and fell apart the second teams figured him out. Goff has been an above average starter for a competitive team for years now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I'll save you the trouble on the first bit.  It's a less than 5% chance we're able to retain either... and we'd very, very likely been anticipating that (in fact, I can flat out guarantee we were anticipating losing JJ considering we've grabbed young safeties the past two years in the draft, which have both panned out well).

I'm assuming we lose JJ for sure. If we can keep Floyd it'd be huge for the defense 

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

McVay did get owned, but he never had a chance with Goff against Brady. That's Rex Grossman against Peyton. It ain't happening.

If Brandin Cooks doesn’t drop a TD that game is miles different (not to mention the second one he could have had, but I’ve softened on calling it a drop)

• Like 1

I feel like I've been higher on Stafford than the consensus for years, until apparently today. Now, some are overrating him. He's on the higher end of the averageish tier of QBs. I've also been lower on Goff historically than many, but even then, he's just on the lower end of the averageish tier of QBs. This is an upgrade for the Rams, but I really don't think it's a needle moving kind of upgrade. And the worst part is, he's 33. Or will be in a week, anyway. I get trying to go all-in on a superbowl window, but this is that to a level I can't agree with. You decreased your ability to add future talent, you put a hard end date on your superbowl window (Stafford's age), and again, I don't think the upgrade is that big. Stafford is Matt Ryan, or maybe Philip Rivers at best. He isn't the consistent carry.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

@ET80, I'm considering joining you. I might need to find another team.

What are Snead and McVay doing? Will Stafford really upgrade that offense to a Super Bowl contender?

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Roethlisberger's career is littered with him making key plays in important moments for his team. Stafford is the guy who throws the interception that seals his team's fate.

Sure, if he had a consistently better team we probably wouldn't be able to say no playoff wins. We'd still be talking about a guy who shrinks from the big moments.

Stafford hasn't thrown more than 11 INTs since 2015.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Is Matt Stafford two firsts and a third better than Goff?

I mean goff isn't great but that seems like they had to add in picks to include him in the deal.

You should be happy. This might mean some sucker might let you trade off your negative equity QB as well. 

1 minute ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

If nothing else the Rams are a fun test theory for whether the draft is overrated. Going at least 7 years without a 1st round pick - if it works for them we all need to reconsider a lot of assumptions about what a winning strategy looks like. 

So far it is going well. We had one clunker of a draft, but otherwise if you went back and objectively graded them, the other three have all been good