69% of NFL teams have reached the Conference Championship Game since 2010

Tetsujin

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Baseball has no cap of any kind. Yankees/Dodgers type teams usually spend around 200M while the A's and Rays usually are around 50M.

there is a luxury tax though
and the developed minor league system helps the budget teams consistently reload young talent and the team control idea they can kinda red shirt young guys in the minors a bit longer to hold them into or through their prime and time windows on a budget.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I'm not even going to pretend to know what all of this means. 

• The 6 biggest European Football (Soccer) Leagues in Europe are dominated by a selection of teams (franchises kinda) who dominate the lucrative contracts and prize money which is a vicious cycle which allows them to get the best players.
  • It would be akin to the Patriots, Packers, Saints, Steelers, Eagles and Colts winning their divisions like 8 out of 10 seasons consistently across the NFL and hogging all the free agents. 
  • Given where most politics leans towards in Europes, it's crazy the lack of parity seen in our Sports, whilst the US is vice versa. (hopefully this sentence doesn't break board rules)
  • Tbh if anything the situation is even worse now for soccer.
  • The NFL should be commended on how much parity it has. NBA you need to not only draft a great talent, but build around him effectively, when most free agents don't even want to come to some of the smaller markets in the US. [Although it doesn't explain why the Knick suck]
  • Like 4

On 1/31/2021 at 2:09 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

As someone who is from Europe, well done America!

Depending on your preference, of course, this is a better product than the leagues in Europe which are dominated by particular clubs with all the wealth year after year. (ironically, a but capitalistic)

D9eM4VB.jpg

A better comparison would be the Champions League, which has exactly 32 teams competing every year, this graph almost represents that:

nE-champions-league-winners-of-last-10-y

By my count there have been 18 unique Champions League semi-finalist since 2010, only four off the NFL.

On 1/31/2021 at 5:16 AM, Tetsujin said:

22 of 32 teams by my count. So if you just keep playing, you’ll more than likely get your turn. 

I compared this with the NBA and MLB, and in both those leagues 63% of teams have been to their respective semifinals.

If this can be a measuring stick of parity, the Big 3 leagues are nearly the same.

I think in baseball it is easier for a weak division winner to luck their way into a series win over a better team than it is for a team like the Bears or Washington to beat teams like the Packers/Saints/Bucs in their conference.

Not to say it never happens in football (Before people start citing the 11 Giants or 08 Cardinals) It just isn't as common. Bucs are the first wild card team to make the SB in nearly a decade. It happens all the time in baseball.

22 hours ago, rich homie said:

A better comparison would be the Champions League, which has exactly 32 teams competing every year, this graph almost represents that:

nE-champions-league-winners-of-last-10-y

By my count there have been 18 unique Champions League semi-finalist since 2010, only four off the NFL.

That is a better comparison and the CL is more interesting, but I was going for contrast, not comp. I think the NFL (and CL) is far better than european leagues;

I mean....THIS is ridiculous

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCu0J-so3x-9JEry2eXuP