Official 2021 OL Thread

goldfishwars

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

Yeah it seems like a good website. The guy also seems legit and has gotten praise from people like Duke Mayweather and even some players like Mitchel Schwartz.

https://trenchwarfare.substack.com/about?utm_source=menu-dropdown

I read some of his earlier work and had subscribed. But for whatever reason, I don't receive updates when he releases new articles.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I read some of his earlier work and had subscribed. But for whatever reason, I don't receive updates when he releases new articles.

Yeah that’s weird. Not sure why that happened.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Where did I say Vera-Tucker is? I don’t want him at 13 either.

Then Darrisaw or Cosmi is worth a selection that high?  Honestly none of them are, there is a big drop from Sewell and everyone else and an decent drop from Slater and everyone else.  No one is talking Wyatt Davis 1st round and he could easily become the best OG in this draft class and technically was the best OG prospect in college football for the past two years.  

Leatherwood sure might not be worth that high of a pick but neither is Darrisaw, Cosmi or Vera-Tucker and Leatherwood was than all three throughout his college career.  

12 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Then Darrisaw or Cosmi is worth a selection that high?  Honestly none of them are, there is a big drop from Sewell and everyone else and an decent drop from Slater and everyone else.  No one is talking Wyatt Davis 1st round and he could easily become the best OG in this draft class and technically was the best OG prospect in college football for the past two years.  

Leatherwood sure might not be worth that high of a pick but neither is Darrisaw, Cosmi or Vera-Tucker and Leatherwood was than all three throughout his college career.  

Are you sure you’re not confusing my posts with someone else’s? Where are you getting all those names from and thinking that I want them picked at 13th? I said gun to my head, the only LT I would pick at 13th is Slater but even then I’m hesitant because of his measurements concern also. The Chargers will probably pick a corner like Surtain or Horn at 13th instead since we need a CB1. LT will either be second round or a trade back into the late first.

Edited by Xenos

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

Are you sure you’re not confusing my posts with someone else’s? Where are you getting all those names from and thinking that I want them picked at 13th?

No, I am just saying not many if any OL prospects deserve that high of a selection at that specific range, Vikings will have a similar choice of who to take because it is a need but not sure any fit that in that specific spot of the draft outside of Slater.

Tristan Wirfs was the 13th pick last year and no way anyone in this class is as good as he was at the 13th pick.  

Wirfs
Wills
Becton
Andrew Thomas

They are all worth a selection that high.  I had Wirfs as the best in that group last year before the draft and I believe he was the best one out of that group last year.  The others were solid though especially Wills.  I would put Sewell above Andrew Thomas and Becton arguably but close call between him and Wills but Wirfs I would put above Sewell also.  

20 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

No, I am just saying not many if any OL prospects deserve that high of a selection at that specific range, Vikings will have a similar choice of who to take because it is a need but not sure any fit that in that specific spot of the draft outside of Slater.

Tristan Wirfs was the 13th pick last year and no way anyone in this class is as good as he was at the 13th pick.  

Wirfs
Wills
Becton
Andrew Thomas

They are all worth a selection that high.  I had Wirfs as the best in that group last year before the draft and I believe he was the best one out of that group last year.  The others were solid though especially Wills.  I would put Sewell above Andrew Thomas and Becton arguably but close call between him and Wills but Wirfs I would put above Sewell also.  

Yeah I know. Sewell is only LT that I want in this draft but it would cost too much to move up to get him. So it’s our 2nd round pick for an LT or a move back into the late first for one of the other guys.

Edited by Xenos

7 hours ago, Xenos said:

Yeah I know. Sewell is only LT that I want in this draft but it would cost too much to move up to get him. So it’s our 2nd round pick for an LT or a move back into the late first for one of the other guys.

True, this class is deeper than last years class arguably.  Again Vikings I assume would want to do the same thing as the Chargers and move back but what team would want to move up?  Only way that happens is if a team loves Mac Jones and wants to get him.

Ezra Cleveland
Josh Jones
Lucas Niang
Matt Peart
Saahdiq Charles
Ben Bartch
Charlie Heck

Jackson Carman 
Dillon Radunz 
Liam Eichenberg 
Spencer Brown 
Walker Little 
Brady Christensen 
James Hudson 
Dan Moore Jr 
Alaric Jackson 
Cole Van Lanen 

A lot more solid guys and a few arguably should be or could be 1st rounders in Carman, Radunz and even Brown based on his testing.  

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

True, this class is deeper than last years class arguably.  Again Vikings I assume would want to do the same thing as the Chargers and move back but what team would want to move up?  Only way that happens is if a team loves Mac Jones and wants to get him.

Ezra Cleveland
Josh Jones
Lucas Niang
Matt Peart
Saahdiq Charles
Ben Bartch
Charlie Heck

Jackson Carman 
Dillon Radunz 
Liam Eichenberg 
Spencer Brown 
Walker Little 
Brady Christensen 
James Hudson 
Dan Moore Jr 
Alaric Jackson 
Cole Van Lanen 

A lot more solid guys and a few arguably should be or could be 1st rounders in Carman, Radunz and even Brown based on his testing.  

With the Vikings, didn’t you guys draft Cleveland to be your future LT?

On 3/28/2021 at 2:48 AM, Jeezla said:

Am I the only Kendrick Green fan? I see a potential pro bowl C that you can get in the 3rd.

I've been banging the table for him and Trey Smith to the Raiders. I think Green could slide in at LG to replace Incognito next year. 

Think he's one of them guys that mignt even sneak into round two because most teams will like what they see and sombody won't want to miss out. What could be a shame as I think he needs a year developing and doesn't need the pressure 

On 3/28/2021 at 9:20 AM, Xenos said:

With the Vikings, didn’t you guys draft Cleveland to be your future LT?

I don't know if that is even decided yet.  They moved him to Guard and it's unclear whether he'll move back.  If the Vikings draft Slater or Vera-Tucker, they could put the best 5 out there in whatever combination works.  If they draft someone like Darrisaw,  he likely stays at guard.

22 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

I've been banging the table for him and Trey Smith to the Raiders. I think Green could slide in at LG to replace Incognito next year. 

Think he's one of them guys that mignt even sneak into round two because most teams will like what they see and sombody won't want to miss out. What could be a shame as I think he needs a year developing and doesn't need the pressure 

Yooo Kendrick Green is the Raiders sleeper pick ... shhhh quiet done! Lol 

Edited by jimkelly02