Official 2021 OL Thread

goldfishwars

Re: Slater one thing I have to give him props for - playing on a non elite team in the Big 10 and showing out.    Ramczyk, Conklin, Lewan, Wirfs, Scherff...been a long time since we’ve seen an early Big10 pick from the non-OSU teams fail.   Decker wasn't terrrible - and by playing for OSU it carries the same Q as playing for ‘Bama (player vs. unit).   

I don’t have a problem with Darrisaw as #2 but I have to say Slater’s work impresses.   His game vs. Young is hard to ignore as his overall work facing better teams.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I’m excited to see Trey Hill at UGA’s pro day. I think he’s going to surprise people with his athleticism.

He's my favorite C in the draft.  I liked UGA's entire OL from 2019 after watching them annihilate the Vols for a couple years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

He's my favorite C in the draft.  I liked UGA's entire OL from 2019 after watching them annihilate the Vols for a couple years. 

I really don't understand how he's not getting talked about more. He's got a great frame, and he's athletic, nasty run blocker, solid pass protector. Played in the SEC and held his own, even dominated. Kindley has also only been average(it seems to an outsider) so maybe that points at Hill as the reason he looked as good as he did at UGA. I think he's the best too. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 9:11 PM, MOSteelers56 said:

I really don't understand how he's not getting talked about more. He's got a great frame, and he's athletic, nasty run blocker, solid pass protector. Played in the SEC and held his own, even dominated. Kindley has also only been average(it seems to an outsider) so maybe that points at Hill as the reason he looked as good as he did at UGA. I think he's the best too. 

I don't think Trey Hill is a great athlete. I think he's going to be a good player, but unspectacular. And he's not someone I think can do much other than block back on a nose tackle or double team at the POA. He's not god awful slow, but athleticism isn't his strong suit.

45 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

I don't think Trey Hill is a great athlete. I think he's going to be a good player, but unspectacular. And he's not someone I think can do much other than block back on a nose tackle or double team at the POA. He's not god awful slow, but athleticism isn't his strong suit.

I think he's a little too heavy. I predict he'll lost weight in the NFL and gain some extra movement skills. 

4 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don't think Cleveland is going to play C. He's a pure OG. I think I'd rate them Humphrey and then Meinerz. Dickerson is quite possibly a DND for me. His legs are made of glass. 

I don't know why I thought he played C. That Paris Ford pro day has me all f'd up.

7 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Rank these C's:

Meinerz
Humphrey
Cleveland
Dickerson

For me:

Meinerz

Humphrey

Dickerson

Dickerson's lack of durability is a big issue for me. Humphrey is the best of the three right now (Dickerson is close, though). Humphrey should be a rock for a long time. But I think Meinerz has the most upside. I'd take him for that reason.