Jump to content

Official 2021 OL Thread


Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

So what are people thinking of Jalen Mayfield? Is he an athletic RT, or can he play LT?

He's my favorite RT prospect in the draft. Could he play LT? Maybe, but I see him just being average there, where as he could potentially dominate at RT or along the interior. Most people will say he can't play LT, but really there are like 5 good LT's in the NFL these days, and I think Mayfield could be at least an average starter at LT. In 3 years, I think he'll be talked about along with Ramczyk/Lane/Scwartz/Conklin as one of the best RT's in the NFL. I'm assuuming he has around 33.5-34" arms.

Edited by Jeezla
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

Verah-Tucker's tackle tape is excellent.

He did look good. But, personally, I felt he looked more like an OG than Slater did. (Still, I like both a lot.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Who did he face this year that presented a real challenge?

No one really elite at all outside of one, Kayvon Thibodeaux and that is it in terms of elite talent, he will be a top 5 pick possibly next year.  Brandon Dorlus beat him for a pressure in that game also and had a sack as well, same with Thibodeaux.

 

4:38 mark and 10:35 mark he gives up sacks in both of those situations.  Really Verah-Tucker is more a guard, sure he can play OT but is probably not best there.  This high 1st round pick with him is really not a good idea, decent player but come on he is not worth a 15th pick overall.  In the right situation like as a guard for the Ravens could do well but if he is put out on a island at OT it could be a problem.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Me

No wonder he looked good.

15 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

No one really elite at all outside of one, Kayvon Thibodeaux and that is it in terms of elite talent, he will be a top 5 pick possibly next year.  Brandon Dorlus beat him for a pressure in that game also and had a sack as well, same with Thibodeaux.

 

4:38 mark and 10:35 mark he gives up sacks in both of those situations.  Really Verah-Tucker is more a guard, sure he can play OT but is probably not best there.  This high 1st round pick with him is really not a good idea, decent player but come on he is not worth a 15th pick overall.  In the right situation like as a guard for the Ravens could do well but if he is put out on a island at OT it could be a problem.  

Yeah, I know Thibodeaux will likely be a very high pick in 2022.  Wasn't sure if AVT had faced him or not.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Really Verah-Tucker is more a guard, sure he can play OT but is probably not best there.

I agree with this. I think he'll be a real good guard that can move out to OT and be decent in an emergency.

Edited by kingseanjohn
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

He did look good. But, personally, I felt he looked more like an OG than Slater did. (Still, I like both a lot.)

Yeah I think his future is probably inside, but I'd love to see him go to a team that can get him on the move often. Such an easy mover in space. Finishes too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Humphrey and Davis don’t look athletic enough to me to be elite NFL centers. I like them to be plug and play guys, but I like Hill and Drake Jackson as higher ceiling guys. I think Dickerson is the best, but his multiple leg injuries are scary.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

 

That is a wildly deceptive statistic because it clearly does not take into account number of snaps or games played.  Clearly a dude that only played 6 games will have a higher "grade" than a dude that played 13 if they are both decent players.  I just posted a video showing where Vera-Tucker got beat twice for sacks in the same game not to mention other pressures he gave up in that same game.  Good player no question but again his competition level outside of the Oregon game was pretty poor.  I would be shocked if he ends up as a OT in the NFL honestly, he is a guard all the way but then again he is not all that physical or tough, and his movement skills might be better as a tackle but will see.  

 

Also deceptive in the gain attention PFF stat on freaking twitter is the fact that arguably four out of the top 7 OTs in the draft did not play this season.  So yeah that changes things a bit as well, the two best pass protectors in the draft Sewell and Slater arguably, both played zero snaps.  Curious why Munford is included because he is returning to Ohio State, but kind of surprised to see him that high up there but again number of games played is a question mark compared to others like Eichenberg.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

That is a wildly deceptive statistic because it clearly does not take into account number of snaps or games played.  Clearly a dude that only played 6 games will have a higher "grade" than a dude that played 13 if they are both decent players.  I just posted a video showing where Vera-Tucker got beat twice for sacks in the same game not to mention other pressures he gave up in that same game.  Good player no question but again his competition level outside of the Oregon game was pretty poor.  I would be shocked if he ends up as a OT in the NFL honestly, he is a guard all the way but then again he is not all that physical or tough, and his movement skills might be better as a tackle but will see.  

 

Also deceptive in the gain attention PFF stat on freaking twitter is the fact that arguably four out of the top 7 OTs in the draft did not play this season.  So yeah that changes things a bit as well, the two best pass protectors in the draft Sewell and Slater arguably, both played zero snaps.  Curious why Munford is included because he is returning to Ohio State, but kind of surprised to see him that high up there but again number of games played is a question mark compared to others like Eichenberg.  

Vera-Tucker was battling a bad hamstring that game, so not bothered about him giving up players to such an electric pass rusher. He came back and battled Thib hard. Clip at 26 looks like an obvious NFI which doesn't get called and might be a reason why he's late out of his stance.

Either way, I've watched a bunch of VT, he's got all the traits to be an elite guard at the next level. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Vera-Tucker was battling a bad hamstring that game, so not bothered about him giving up players to such an electric pass rusher. He came back and battled Thib hard. Clip at 26 looks like an obvious NFI which doesn't get called and might be a reason why he's late out of his stance.

Either way, I've watched a bunch of VT, he's got all the traits to be an elite guard at the next level. 

 

 

True, I like him and I agree he could be a good OG in the NFL.  But the fact is he is straight crap if compared to the likes of Tristan Wirfs, Becton, Wills, Andrew Thomas, and Sewell.  And the thought of him being this great OT in the NFL is just not a reality.  But that stat by PFF makes it seem like he is the best tackle in the draft and that is simply deceptive and not true at all.  

Good player and should for sure be a 1st round pick.  I think would fit nicely with the Ravens and late 1st round is more in his draft range where he should be.  The talk of him being the 14th overall pick to Minnesota I say is a little bit of a reach.   He is getting tons of attention yet Leatherwood who played against better competition, has played more consistently and at a higher level for a longer period of time in his career and also has played OG and OT, he is getting little to no love.  Few even talk of him as a 1st round pick which I think is bull****.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

True, I like him and I agree he could be a good OG in the NFL.  But the fact is he is straight crap if compared to the likes of Tristan Wirfs, Becton, Wills, Andrew Thomas, and Sewell.  And the thought of him being this great OT in the NFL is just not a reality.  But that stat by PFF makes it seem like he is the best tackle in the draft and that is simply deceptive and not true at all.  

Good player and should for sure be a 1st round pick.  I think would fit nicely with the Ravens and late 1st round is more in his draft range where he should be.  The talk of him being the 14th overall pick to Minnesota I say is a little bit of a reach.   He is getting tons of attention yet Leatherwood who played against better competition, has played more consistently and at a higher level for a longer period of time in his career and also has played OG and OT, he is getting little to no love.  Few even talk of him as a 1st round pick which I think is bull****.  

Leatherwood is such a love/hate prospect. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...