Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

Just now, childofpudding said:

That went 7-9. Great leaders get people to perform above their grade. Arians literally just said it in his interview with ESPN - that Brady brought leadership and a winning culture to a talented team that didn't know how to win.

I'm not at all saying Brady didn't HELP the team but he didn't do it by himself either. 

Their defense, OL, Mike and co was already good. They also brought in Gronk, AB, and others during FA.  

Just now, wackywabbit said:

Does that account for how long a QB holds the ball? I'm betting no. You can't remove him from responsibility for that. It's part of his style, and what makes him great when it works.

Well, he held on to the ball for 3.5 seconds almost, but that's so heavily skewed by some plays, it's not a reliable indicator. 

The pbwr isn't out yet so far as I know. That will tell the story on that

3 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

a defense that gets that much pressure without blitzing rarely loses.

Yeah, but they definitely benefited from a really really bad line. I can't help but feel slightly robbed of what could have been a much better game, but I can't say for sure. Tampa d just whipped *** tonight

Just now, Forge said:

Yeah, but they definitely benefited from a really really bad line. I can't help but feel slightly robbed of what could have been a much better game, but I can't say for sure. Tampa d just whipped *** tonight

We did the same thing against the Pack.

Maybe our dline is just really good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, but outside of Schwartz, no one on the Chiefs is that great on the OL anyway. Fisher is nothing above average. Bucs DL is still way more talented than the starters too.

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We don't use signing bonuses. We prefer to guarantee years of contracts. It eliminates dead money in the future.

Lavonte may be different, since we wouldn't resign him and cut him. But we've slowly nickeled and dimed Mike Evans's contract into two or three separate signing bonuses to slowly increase our cap space. So even then, it's not something we like to do.

Shaq, Godwin, and Lavonte are our priorities right now. We have like a dozen free agents. So we'll see what happens.

Normally that's a sound philosophy.   But 2021 is a different animal.   If the cap were its usual number of 210M, there wouldn't even be a problem.   But because 2022 has a HUGE bump in cap (at least 220M, if not more) - going back-loaded heavy is what we will see with a lot of teams this year who wouldn't normally do it.     Covid is the only reason why 2021 is down to 180-185M this year, instead of 210M as originally projected.   The fact the 2022 cap goes back to normal (220M+) means there's a lot of room to backload that isn't financially irresponsible.

I don't see GM Licht as any different from what most GM's will do this year, because of the massive bump from 2021 to 2022 cap-wise (and that's before the new TV deal with online $ comes into play for 2022, either - that 220M may be incredibly conservative, which only adds to the incentive to go that route for 2021 FA signings alone).

Edited by Broncofan