Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

Why are people still trying to compare different sports to the NFL.  In the NBA a SINGLE player can take a 20 win team and make them a title winner. and presumably the same thing with Hockey (I don't watch Hockey) whereas, football you need alot more than just 1 player to compete. Even if it's the best QB in football (ala Mahomes/Rodgers/Wilson/prime Ben and Brees. 

You can't compare the two. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

Why are people still trying to compare different sports to the NFL.  In the NBA a SINGLE player can take a 20 win team and make them a title winner. and presumably the same thing with Hockey (I don't watch Hockey) whereas, football you need alot more than just 1 player to compete. Even if it's the best QB in football (ala Mahomes/Rodgers/Wilson/prime Ben and Wilson. 

You can't compare the two. 

Tom Brady went to a team that hadn't won a playoff game since before we went into Iraq and turned them into Super Bowl champions in his first season.

1 minute ago, biggie. said:

Tom Brady went to a team that hadn't won a playoff game since before we went into Iraq and turned them into Super Bowl champions in his first season.

I'll wait for him to win one when we are out of Iraq. He'll probably still be here.

Edited by BullsandBroncos

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

I'm not defending what he said, but your own argument goes against what you're saying.

Brady has elite talent around him - Evans, Brown, Godwin, Gronk is a hell of a group to deal with. He has a really good OL and the defense showed how good they were today. Arians, Leftwich, and Bowles coaching

Jordan had Stackhouse, had to play two ways with trash all around him, etc. Had Doug Collins coaching.

Who had the harder route? Clearly Jordan and is isn't even remotely close.

Brady is the GOAT, but you put him on a bottom 5 team in 2020 and the results will still be trash.

Regardless, Brady has the rings and earned it, cross-sport comparisons have too many variables to be worth adding much thought to it.

But this is where crossing sports is tough. In basketball the individual has MUCH more control over the overall team success than in football. Personally, it's what makes Brady so impressive to me. Of course Brady needs some level of a good team, but he has ENTIRELY recycled rosters 3 or 4 times over, changed franchises, changed coaches, and has won championships the entire way while performing at an elite level. It's really really hard to have that singular impact in football, but Brady does. One of the very very VERY few.

Yes the Bucs have a lot of talent, but they were listless and undisciplined before Brady established a winning culture. It sounds Disney but it's true, players and former players talk about it all the time. Yes the talent is necessary, but so is the culture and work ethic that Tom brings to the table. You better believe that has an impact.

I know crossing sports is tough, and there are certain things that simply won't translate. But just use your eyes and common sense, and understand that this isn't meant to discredit Jordan at all: Tom Brady is playing better as an old dude in his sport than Jordan did as an old dude in his.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, HolmesPriest said:

am kinda glad people get to talk more crap about Bill Belichek now :D lol 

His boat is called 8 rings.

Thats 8 wins in 12 Super Bowls

BB was destroying Joe Montana when Brady was in grade school.

Brady is the GoaT QB and player but BB is the Super Bowl GoaT

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

They gotta get it done quick unless they are giving him the tag

I don't think it will be an issue.   The 2 guys they have to pay up for are Barrett & Godwin.   David deserves his $ too, but again TAM can just go signing-bonus heavy and low base salary for 2021 - and get it done.  Suh & Gronk aren't going to be bank breakers.

To be clear, I don't see TAM losing its key guys, other than Donovan Smith, who I think they are comfortable letting walk with TB12 as their QB (their interior OL matter more).    I don't see AB staying ahead of Godwin.   I think Tampa will draft/sign a pass catching RB to help take the role AB provided.   

Fournette, AB & Donovan Smith are the 3 guys I see leaving over the other key guys.  The Bucs are not going to be as deep, but those 3 guys are the most replaceable for what they brought.   TB12 having a full offseason and better pass-catching RB's (maybe it's Keshawn Vaughn, but it's got to be better in a TB12 O safety-valve wise than what Fournette provided in-season - ironically GB and this game were his best pass catching games, but that's 1 of the easiest roles to upgrade)   

FWIW, I don't think TAM will repeat - simply because a LOT has to happen to win a SB that's fortune-related.    Tampa lost no major players other than Vea in-season - but got him back for the CG & SB (and he was an absolute disruptor in the 2H vs. GB once he got his game legs, and today).    That type of good fortune seldom happens 2 years in a row.   

SF/GB/TAM are going to be the co-favorites, and rightfully so (assuming SF does upgrade on JimmyG anyways).  But I don't think we're seeing an exodus from Tampa this year.   The Wait for Eight probably get coined for next year lol.