Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

Congrats to Bucs and Brady fans. Complete domination against a team that never gets dominated. Chiefs were just off form the beginning and kept making mistake after mistake and you can't do that against Brady. 

If the game was a little tighter, the Bucs may have put 45+ on the board. Amazing performance. 

9 minutes ago, yomyyo said:

Athletes whose accomplishments might match Brady’s: Mikela Shiffren (still needs a few more years), Rafa at French Open, Phelps, Jordan. 

Don Bradman in cricket. Crap I forget who here put me on to Bradman. One of the Brits that posts here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

Not many outside of Russell Wilson or a younger Aaron Rodgers are going to play well with that kind of protection, if we're honest though. It was pretty startling how the chiefs were entirely unable to adjust. 

I do agree that mahomes didn't play well (though he was very visibly limping for a good chunk), but looking the twitter link someone posted earlier I can't say the chiefs would have fared any better if you swapped qbs before kickoff. 

I don’t doubt that any QB would struggle facing that constant pressure.

It’s just hilarious how the majority of ppl here, and in the media, picked the Chiefs to win (which is fine), but also didn’t really mention the Toe and when it was brought up, said he liked fine the week before and it shouldn’t affect him too much.

Now though it’s a complete 180. His toe, the OL, everything was going against him, yet none of this was a big concern 6 hours ago. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think he's gone

I doubt it.   Tampa has a ton of flexibility in restructures - they can quickly create an extra 17M to get to 45M.  Then factor in that 1st year of contracts are often not so onerous cap-hit wise, it's pretty easy to see them retain all their key players.  

David, Barrett, Suh & Godwin all likely return IMO.  Donovan Smith might be the one guy they let go, he was honestly their worst OL all season long.  Gronk will take a backloaded deal to stay together with TB12.

Edited by Broncofan