Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

Just now, BullsandBroncos said:

He'd have been a turf ornament like Joe was sometimes too if he played in the era. Toughest QB of all time.

Rough era for sure. Joe wasn't the biggest guy though lol. 

Every QB playing into their 40's and on iron man streaks would have definitely missed games 30 years ago. 

Just now, Forge said:

The tag is the best route, but I figured if it came to it, you may still use that on shaq again. I just think it's going to be a weird contract negotiation

Definitely. I think Shaq is a better candidate to get the extension this year now. I think we could have gotten him extended last year, but held off to make sure it wasn't just an anomaly type year. It wasn't now and I think we're comfortable shelling out for him now...

• Like 1

Tom Brady's Bucs beat Drew Brees' Saints, Aaron Rodgers' Packers and Mahomes' Chiefs.

This man is the GOAT athlete. The NFL is the most competitive sport, most difficult to maintain greatness and the most physically demanding.

He just hopped in the fast lane and blew by Jordan tonight.

Also, taking some away from BB and the Patriots org. Going to need to see them have success without Brady.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

I don't think it will be an issue.   The 2 guys they have to pay up for are Barrett & Godwin.   David deserves his $ too, but again TAM can just go signing-bonus heavy and low base salary for 2021 - and get it done.  Suh & Gronk aren't going to be bank breakers.

To be clear, I don't see TAM losing its key guys, other than Donovan Smith, who I think they are comfortable letting walk with TB12 as their QB (their interior OL matter more).    I don't see AB staying ahead of Godwin.   I think Tampa will draft/sign a pass catching RB to help take the role AB provided.   

Fournette, AB & Donovan Smith are the 3 guys I see leaving over the other key guys.  The Bucs are not going to be as deep, but those 3 guys are the most replaceable for what they brought.   TB12 having a full offseason and better pass-catching RB's (maybe it's Keshawn Vaughn, but it's got to be better in a TB12 O safety-valve wise than what Fournette provided in-season - ironically GB and this game were his best pass catching games, but that's 1 of the easiest roles to upgrade)   

FWIW, I don't think TAM will repeat - simply because a LOT has to happen to win a SB that's fortune-related.    Tampa lost no major players other than Vea in-season - but got him back for the CG & SB (and he was an absolute disruptor in the 2H vs. GB once he got his game legs, and today).    That type of good fortune seldom happens 2 years in a row.   

SF/GB/TAM are going to be the co-favorites, and rightfully so (assuming SF does upgrade on JimmyG anyways).  But I don't think we're seeing an exodus from Tampa this year.   The Wait for Eight probably get coined for next year lol.

We don't use signing bonuses. We prefer to guarantee years of contracts. It eliminates dead money in the future.

Lavonte may be different, since we wouldn't resign him and cut him. But we've slowly nickeled and dimed Mike Evans's contract into two or three separate signing bonuses to slowly increase our cap space. So even then, it's not something we like to do.

Shaq, Godwin, and Lavonte are our priorities right now. We have like a dozen free agents. So we'll see what happens.

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

SF/GB/TAM are going to be the co-favorites, and rightfully so (assuming SF does upgrade on JimmyG anyways).  But I don't think we're seeing an exodus from Tampa this year.   The Wait for Eight probably get coined for next year lol.

We running it back with Jimmy, baby. 

11 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

I don’t doubt that any QB would struggle facing that constant pressure.

It’s just hilarious how the majority of ppl here, and in the media, picked the Chiefs to win (which is fine), but also didn’t really mention the Toe and when it was brought up, said he liked fine the week before and it shouldn’t affect him too much.

Now though it’s a complete 180. His toe, the OL, everything was going against him, yet none of this was a big concern 6 hours ago. 

I do remember them saying that before kickoff, but who here would have seen him last week and in what setting? A ain't the bills two weeks back he was clearly very banged up after it. 

A lot was made of fishers absence including their record with and without him, but I don't know that people expected that much of a drop off and that poor a job of working around it by KC. Perhaps how GB fared without Bakhtiari tempered some expectations, though GB have an incredibly robust system for their line, and very good depth - something that probably shot up KCs own offseason priorities list after today. 

I would also put quite a bit of blame on the disparate calls when it came to defensive holding in the first half, but that's not immediately under either teams control so kind of a different matter. 

• Like 1