Klint Kubiak Hired as Offensive Coordinator

gopherwrestler

4 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Thoughts on Kubiak so far?  I know a lot of people were ready to throw in the towel on him after week 1 but I think he's getting it figured out.  The offensive line is doing well and they've got a lot of playmakers which makes his job easier. 

I think you watch Zimmer's post game presser and take it factually.   He gave mass credit to each of the offensive coaches.   

Two weeks ago, it wasall Zimmrrs fault . . . He's too old, too conservative, washed up etc.  Lol.

Then, yesterdaywesay a great performance of the Shanahan offense of the '90s Broncos.  Those teamsost games too.   Fans were frustrated when they did lose.   But, in the end, the HC, the OC, the QB the rest of the offense and that D won the right games.    As long as Kubiak keeps it rolling, this team will put up points.   And no, I don't think he'll be a HC next year. . . . Fingers crossed.  

6 minutes ago, swede700 said:

He did have far more experience as a coach than Kubiak does though.  He had 11 yrs as an assistant position coach/position coach/OC.  This is truly only Kubiak's 3rd season as a position coach/OC.  He was an offensive assistant for 3 years prior to that, but it's wasn't to any specific position.  

Exactly. 

6 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

You KNOW you guys are jinxing this, right??

Anything's possible, but I still do think there'll be a lot of other guys in the running ahead of Kubiak, guys like Brian Daboll, Greg Roman, Greg Olson and Joe Brady will all probably get consideration before Kubiak does.

• Like 1

I am wondering others think about what I saw yesterday.  That is, with Mattison playing, instead of Cook, Kubiak called a more balanced game, rather than the run first philosophy that Zimmer has promoted.  So, my overall thought is, having a dynamic back like Cook starting, has kept the play calling more conservative because you want the ball in your best players hands.  However, like yesterday, the Vikings can be very efficient and productive when Cousins is able to spread the ball around.

1 hour ago, Virginia Viking said:

I am wondering others think about what I saw yesterday.  That is, with Mattison playing, instead of Cook, Kubiak called a more balanced game, rather than the run first philosophy that Zimmer has promoted.  So, my overall thought is, having a dynamic back like Cook starting, has kept the play calling more conservative because you want the ball in your best players hands.  However, like yesterday, the Vikings can be very efficient and productive when Cousins is able to spread the ball around.

A good reason as to why you don't pay the big bucks to Runningbacks.

Current Vikings Statistical Rankings:

Pass Attempts: 8th

Completion Percentage: 4th

Passing Yards: 7th

Passing TDs: 4th

Rushing Yards: 6th

Yards Per Carry: 7th

Rushing TDs: Tied for next to last

We are 3rd in offensive yards and 8th in points scored. 

Frankly, I think this is an offensive team, at this point.  We've given up the 5th most yards and 13th most points in the league. Our offense seems to be a bit more reactionary (we turn it on when we're behind, instead of jumping out to quick leads), but I don't see the problems as being on the offensive side of the ball (other than the atrocious number of penalties against the Bengals). I don't think it's realistic to expect Zimmer to change his philosophy to that of 1998 Denny Green, but I think we'll be near the top of the league in offense and points when the season is over. 

• Like 2

On 9/30/2021 at 10:58 AM, vikingsrule said:

Zimmer needs to change his philosophy and let this be an offensive team, which has to mean being less conservative and finding ways to score more TDs.

That's not going to happen until we have an offensive minded head coach.

Perhaps Kubiak is that guy?

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Hey guys as a Bears fan I come in peace hahaha...how have you guys found Kubiak so far?

He needs more seasoning as a coach to be OC. He shouldn't have gotten the job right away as he is too predictable. He made better playcalls this last game, and hopefully he can keep it up. 

But if you are looking at him as a possible HC replacement, I would wait a few more years as he wouldn't be prepared to do it.