NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

2 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Nah bro, he’s doing the I’m gonna beat the guy that I think that Is the MVP. So as result I’m gonna look better. 

I'm a Bron stan and when I read this, I knew exactly what he was doing lol

15 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah the NBA is pretty stagnant. No other league has big markets control the league.

The issue I have with these complaints is that parity in the nba has never existed lol. The issue now is that the players are dictating it which, surprise surprise, fans do not like. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

The issue I have with these complaints is that parity in the nba has never existed lol. The issue now is that the players are dictating it which, surprise surprise, fans do not like. 

I don’t care about players dictating it. The weird thing about the NBA is guys only want to play in like 6 cities. You don’t have that issue in other sports. It leads to a lack of interest from small markets who know their stud is just going to leave for LA, MIA or NY in their prime 

Edited by MookieMonstah

4 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Nah bro, he’s doing the I’m gonna beat the guy that I think that Is the MVP. So as result I’m gonna look better. 

Nah, that's just real recognizing real. Bron ain't respecting Jokic the way he respect Curry. 

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

When was the last time a 3 seed tanked to avoid playing the 7 seed in round 2? I’m gonna bet never. 

also isn’t the 7 seed like the only seed to never make a finals?

I hope this isn't true but I think it is......And lawd the Bron stans are going to have a field day with this if the Lakers end up winning it all as an 7th seed.

LeBron "I have now won the three hardest rings of all time!!!!!!!" 

43 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I don’t care about players dictating it. The weird thing about the NBA is guys only want to play in like 6 cities. You don’t have that issue in other sports. It leads to a lack of interest from small markets who know their stud is just going to leave for LA, MIA or NY in their prime 

Yes and No. I don’t think markets matter nearly as much as before if I’m being honest. I think for vets maybe it applies a bit more because they think about life off the court. NBA players more than any other sport is most marketable for its players. Like I said, big market teams have always been around. Parity in the NBA has never existed, people yearning for a time that has never really existed. People just don’t like the way how it’s manifested. KD was in OKC for 9 years. Lebron in Cleveland for 11 years. Kawhi was in SA for 8 years. I think this all gets overstated imo.

Regardless of tanking, the Nuggets getting the #3 with everything they have been through is a testament to their Coaches and players, specifically the best player in the league this season.

I don't think Portland has an answer for Jokic, but that Gordon trade doesn't help us in this matchup as he can't guard Dame or CJ.

Nuggets going to miss PJ Dozier massively.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Yes and No. I don’t think markets matter nearly as much as before if I’m being honest. I think for vets maybe it applies a bit more because they think about life off the court. NBA players more than any other sport is most marketable for its players. Like I said, big market teams have always been around. Parity in the NBA has never existed, people yearning for a time that has never really existed. People just don’t like the way how it’s manifested. KD was in OKC for 9 years. Lebron in Cleveland for 11 years. Kawhi was in SA for 8 years. I think this all gets overstated imo.

I mean how many big time free agents have gone places outside the big 6-7 markets? How many times has a huge free agent signed with a small market team? It's not overstated. The NBA doesn't have parity because 7-8 teams are the only "desirable" spots for some reason. 

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean how many big time free agents have gone places outside the big 6-7 markets? How many times has a huge free agent signed with a small market team? It's not overstated. The NBA doesn't have parity because 7-8 teams are the only "desirable" spots for some reason. 

In the last 20 years only 3 teams (Heat, Spurs, Pistons) that aren't in top 10 media markets have won NBA championships. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In the last 20 years only 3 teams (Heat, Spurs, Pistons) that aren't in top 10 media markets have won NBA championships. 

And I would say the Heat fall into the category of top 10 teams where guys want to play because of the location. They're always a player in free agency. The Lakers and Knicks (No offense) were laughing stock organizations and were STILL getting top tier free agents. Meanwhile, well run organizations like OKC were just losing players left and right because no one wanted to play their. It's only an NBA problem and I'm not entirely sure why. 

8 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I don’t know the number. But I also don’t feel “BIG TIME” free agents are signing in those markets as much as you think. Also your ignoring that a lot of these players are in these small markets for a decade and decide to move on. Ain’t like they moving the first chance they get. If you’re a small market team and aren’t doing the best you can to provide the players you inherit the resources and structure for them to win then I have little sympathy. 

Lebron was in Cleveland for a decade. KD in OKC for almost a decade and joined Warriors in Oakland (not a big market in relative terms). LaMarcus joined SA. Dwight joined Houston (big market tbf but its not LA, NY or Miami even), DeRozan chose Toronto. Unless im missing somebody.