NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

22 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Poole has been playing well recently -and I’ll take Draymond >> Porzingis too, but that’s not the point. Both teams are lacking. I’m not making this into a pissing contest. Just giving Luka his flowers.

agreed. my point was moreso that i don't actually dislike the mavs supporting cast as much as a lot of people. dorian finney deserves more credit than he gets and i think luka ball isn't always conducive to make people around him better. but he's this young and already this good, obvi the sky is the limit 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Pretty sure Steve Nash and Dwight got traded. And when Dwight was an actual FA, he chose Houston over LA. Granted he did wanna play for the Nets first. AD forced his way to LA because Bron was there. He wasn’t forcing his way to LA or even signing with LA if Bron wasn’t there. 

I’m not even saying market size doesn’t have an impact. It does. And yes smaller teams have it harder generally. Those smaller teams tend to be crappy is a bigger issue. The Knicks haven’t gotten a big FA in over a decade. It took Lakers over 20 years to land another big FA. Again I’m not saying it doesn’t happen just not as frequent as people think. 

Unfair to brush it aside as “getting traded there” when guys forced their way there. Same with the Knicks. Signing as a free agent and demanding your way to a team is the same thing.

Smaller market teams tend to not be able to build contenders for the exact reason I’m stating. The Pelicans, Bucks, Timberwolves, Magic etc. aren’t getting big free agents to sign there. They need to draft well and make trades but they also have the added pressure of needing to do it and building a contender before their high lotto picks demand a trade. The NBA is very much broken tbh. The large markets have it 10x easier. 

9 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The jazz and Suns being the 1 and 2 seed tells me this isn’t the hardest run of all time. 

The Jazz are like one of a handful of teams in NBA history to finish top 3 in both offensive and defensive efficiency. #TakeNote