Packer Prospect Interest Thread

Arthur Penske

18 hours ago, Isherwood said:

No offense to Tony Pauline, but he's not often correct about things when it comes to Green Bay. It's almost like someone on the inside is feeding him stuff to intentionally mislead. Off the top of my head, here are some things he's said in past years: 

- GB wanted to move DB69 to guard and draft a LT (in 2016)

- GB loved Jeffrey Simmons

- GB “loved” Jachai Polite

- GB “loved” Jessie Bates (they drafted Josh Jackson a handful of picks before he went)

I'm not suggesting that he's totally wrong about these things just because they didn't happen, but I wouldn't put too much stock in GB "targeting" Eskridge when he doesn't generally fit their profile. Even if they like him on some level, I don't expect them to target or move to get him too stridently. Gute isn't as tight-lipped as Ted Thompson, but he also doesn't generally let the draft stuff get out. Not a whiff of anything on Jaire before we drafted him. Then again, there was some smoke with JLove, so you never know. 

Wasn't he also the one that tied us to Rondale Moore?

22 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

DeVonta Smith may be falling in this draft.  His size 6'0, 160 pounds may have some teams concerned.   Great college player, but the NFL is a different animal.    You might be able to get a similar player later on in the draft.    If he was  available at say #20-25, would you go up for him?    Would you take him at #29, or pass on him?      If there is a candidate to slip in this draft, he might be it.    

I doubt we'd trade up for him, but would also say that he probably won't slip either and if he did, he'd land in a place where the franchise QB is entrenched and there are plenty of offensive pieces around him to contribute, yet develop. Plus, I doubt that we pick at WR early either, especially when we've been able to make it work with Day 3 and UDFA WR's. 

48 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Yes, I like Twyman too.  But where are Barmore and Onwuzurike going to go?   McNeill and Tufele?  Nixon, Williams and Togiai?   I know our picks in 2 and 3 are late, doesn't mean we won't trade up in those Rounds or out of the 1st all together.

I personally think Barmore is gone in the top 20, some team is going to fall in love with his size and ability. Think there could be a run on those guys you listed in the 2nd. The 3 DL I really like this year are Barmore, Nixon and Twyman, in that order... I'd be lying if I said I've watched much of the Washington DT. 

One more God damn week to go!

9 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

I personally think Barmore is gone in the top 20, some team is going to fall in love with his size and ability. Think there could be a run on those guys you listed in the 2nd. The 3 DL I really like this year are Barmore, Nixon and Twyman, in that order... I'd be lying if I said I've watched much of the Washington DT. 

One more God damn week to go!

Possible, but many analysts have Barmore around 40 on their board.  What matters is what team boards of course and we just don't know.  Some of these guys had few or zero snaps last season.  Tufele is one to watch for us I think..

On 4/21/2021 at 2:17 PM, NFLGURU said:

DeVonta Smith may be falling in this draft.  His size 6'0, 160 pounds may have some teams concerned.   Great college player, but the NFL is a different animal.    You might be able to get a similar player later on in the draft.    If he was  available at say #20-25, would you go up for him?    Would you take him at #29, or pass on him?      If there is a candidate to slip in this draft, he might be it.    

Can't see him falling that far.  Even with the concern about his weight, you don't see players do what he did last year.  He's eaten a lot of NFL caliber CBs for lunch over the last 2 years playing in the SEC and the CFP.  I think 12 would LOVE him but there's no way that he drops to 29.  I think talking heads are making a bigger deal out of his weight than they should be.  

25 minutes ago, SSG said:

Can't see him falling that far.  Even with the concern about his weight, you don't see players do what he did last year.  He's eaten a lot of NFL caliber CBs for lunch over the last 2 years playing in the SEC and the CFP.  I think 12 would LOVE him but there's no way that he drops to 29.  I think talking heads are making a bigger deal out of his weight than they should be.  

If he's actually 160 (I thought that was a joke) it will drop him a lot. There's no way he's actually 160...

8 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Had he had a 10 pound weight in his pants there wouldn't be any conversation.  He does nothing but make plays.  He'll be gone before 15...

Maybe he did have a 10 pound weight in his pants.