What are you thinking about?

pwny

On 6/17/2022 at 6:40 AM, burlow said:

It was more than just the shell on the tails, the whole body was covered.  If you have every had boiled shrimp in the south you would understand, if you havnt try to find a good seafood place with fresh boiled shrimp and you wont regret it.  I live in cajun land and a good boil is one of the best food experiences you can have.

I will fully peel what I eat, and I have learned to peel quickly.  Someone who knows how to boil right and soak right they peel easy.

For a long time, i've been really interested in the idea of a real Cajun crawfish/crayfish/crawdad/mudbug/fakeshrimp/whatever boil.  It seems like a real fun and tasty event thing.

But i'm also pretty allergic to shrimp.  And don't really like them at all.  So that makes things a bit complicated.

14 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

For a long time, i've been really interested in the idea of a real Cajun crawfish/crayfish/crawdad/mudbug/fakeshrimp/whatever boil.  It seems like a real fun and tasty event thing.

But i'm also pretty allergic to shrimp.  And don't really like them at all.  So that makes things a bit complicated.

Can you eat crab? You could do a crab boil in a similar fashion.

My dad is really allergic to shrimp/lobster, but not crab. It seems to be a much different animal.

5 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Can you eat crab? You could do a crab boil in a similar fashion.

My dad is really allergic to shrimp/lobster, but not crab. It seems to be a much different animal.

Yeah.  I'm kinda mildly allergic to Crab/Lobster, but i eat them plenty.  For whatever reason, Shrimp is exponentially worse.  Allergens more concentrated in a little package?  idk.  Scallops are the worst.

I just kinda want to eat some of them weird little critters though.  It seems like a culturally distinct event.  And idk if Crawfish would really get to me like Shrimp, or if it'd be more like Lobster that just kinda mildly makes my face itch, but totally worth it?

buddies van ran outta gas right in front of a wawa, so we were able to push into a pump stall. was walking into wawa to get a lighter, which was the reason we left the house anyway, big dude with a mullet and no shirt mega beer belly like 40 y/o asked to use my phone so i gave it to him and he spent like 3-4 minutes repeatedly calling his mom, she doens't answer. he gets real pissed and now he's really acting out like yelling to himself lol. my homie already has car filled up with gas and has gone inside and bought the lighter, so we're just waiting on this dude to give my phone back. eventually his mom answers and he starts yelling at her for taking so long to answer. dude's car broke down on the street turning into wawa and he just kinda left in the middle of the road with the hazards on. then some cops pull in and they start talking to my friend at the pump. one of my friends over there is pretty blitzed, so i'm kinda concerned. this wawa is packed people just hanging out here. it's like a street party at this wawa. eventually a guy stumbles outta wawa like yelling "bout time the god damn police get here! bout god damn time! bout god damn time!" like over and over lol. then saw there was a bunch of employees like waving the police to the building. i ask the dude using my phone like "hey man i gotta go" and he goes "nah my name is elliott" i'm like hey i gotta go i got people waiting on me over there and he's like "it's elliott" so now i'm just like wtf is happening lol. everyone gathered for the wawa street party starts crowding around the scene with these cops and this dude he must've done some ****. cops are getting really upset and kinda yelling at everyone to not crowd around. then he finally gave my phone and asks for a ride and i'm like no way man i gotta go lol. get in the car to leave and his mom called my phone and started talking and was like a ridiculously sweet lady and just kept going on and on about the situation elliott was in. eventually i just had to hang up like sorry that's happening i gotta go lol. just looked at my phone and saw that number called again and then remembered this happened. not a very good story but just kinda felt like a surreal scene looking back at it 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

buddies van ran outta gas right in front of a wawa, so we were able to push into a pump stall. was walking into wawa to get a lighter, which was the reason we left the house anyway, big dude with a mullet and no shirt mega beer belly like 40 y/o asked to use my phone so i gave it to him and he spent like 3-4 minutes repeatedly calling his mom, she doens't answer. he gets real pissed and now he's really acting out like yelling to himself lol. my homie already has car filled up with gas and has gone inside and bought the lighter, so we're just waiting on this dude to give my phone back. eventually his mom answers and he starts yelling at her for taking so long to answer. dude's car broke down on the street turning into wawa and he just kinda left in the middle of the road with the hazards on. then some cops pull in and they start talking to my friend at the pump. one of my friends over there is pretty blitzed, so i'm kinda concerned. this wawa is packed people just hanging out here. it's like a street party at this wawa. eventually a guy stumbles outta wawa like yelling "bout time the god damn police get here! bout god damn time! bout god damn time!" like over and over lol. then saw there was a bunch of employees like waving the police to the building. i ask the dude using my phone like "hey man i gotta go" and he goes "nah my name is elliott" i'm like hey i gotta go i got people waiting on me over there and he's like "it's elliott" so now i'm just like wtf is happening lol. everyone gathered for the wawa street party starts crowding around the scene with these cops and this dude he must've done some ****. cops are getting really upset and kinda yelling at everyone to not crowd around. then he finally gave my phone and asks for a ride and i'm like no way man i gotta go lol. get in the car to leave and his mom called my phone and started talking and was like a ridiculously sweet lady and just kept going on and on about the situation elliott was in. eventually i just had to hang up like sorry that's happening i gotta go lol. just looked at my phone and saw that number called again and then remembered this happened. not a very good story but just kinda felt like a surreal scene looking back at it 

What is Enter?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

This is the greatest thing I've read in such a long time...

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

Roommate has finally decided to replace the A/C after it not working for a month, and throwing a bunch of money at stopgap solutions that had 0% chance of working.

Can you have your roommate contact my brother-in-law, who insists on continuing to work on his broken down truck every week (and subsequently needing to borrow my car for work) instead of selling that piece of **** and buying a used car?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Can you have your roommate contact my brother-in-law, who insists on continuing to work on his broken down truck every week (and subsequently needing to borrow my car for work) instead of selling that piece of **** and buying a used car?

I fear if that happened my roommate would end up purchasing that truck for way more than it's worth.

• Like 2