What are you thinking about?

pwny

24 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

There's a house my wife and I really, really like, but we aren't in a position to sell-buy-move. But we possibly could, especially since there is a pretty good chance we could net 100k on our current home. Such a difficult decision, especially with a kid coming in 2 months.

It's on 1.5 acres, got a beautiful pond on the property, a little funky, separate workshop for my brewing, and closer to our families.

You only live once bud. If you really want it and financially it works, go get it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, minutemancl said:

There's a house my wife and I really, really like, but we aren't in a position to sell-buy-move. But we possibly could, especially since there is a pretty good chance we could net 100k on our current home. Such a difficult decision, especially with a kid coming in 2 months.

It's on 1.5 acres, got a beautiful pond on the property, a little funky, separate workshop for my brewing, and closer to our families.

This generally seems like a bad time to be involved in any real-estate.  But also...if it's your "forever property" it kind doesn't matter at all?  I say do it.

But also, Pond maintenance seems like a nightmare.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tugboat said:

This generally seems like a bad time to be involved in any real-estate.  But also...if it's your "forever property" it kind doesn't matter at all?  I say do it.

But also, Pond maintenance seems like a nightmare.

Yeah, it's a bad time in general to get involved in real estate and a bad time for us. We are going to pass. It's also a really old house that lacks modern touches; we already have that exact problem with our current house. Small doorways, short ceilings, and biggest of all, absolutely no closet space.

Love how Aaron Rodgers is just all those other regular schmucks that feel like their first tattoos have to be everything about them in one tattoo. He couldn't just get a lion, he had to get a duality-of-man-as-lions-in-front-of-a-constellation-map-with-a-fan-and-the-ocean-and-zodiac-signs-and-an-eye. Loser.

Also, if he spends any amount of time in California next offseason, you won't even be able to see it the following season. That thing is going to fall right out. That pinpoint precision needlework looks good for about 6 months. 2 years maybe if you never go outside.

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Love how Aaron Rodgers is just all those other regular schmucks that feel like their first tattoos have to be everything about them in one tattoo. He couldn't just get a lion, he had to get a duality-of-man-as-lions-in-front-of-a-constellation-map-with-a-fan-and-the-ocean-and-zodiac-signs-and-an-eye. Loser.

Also, if he spends any amount of time in California next offseason, you won't even be able to see it the following season. That thing is going to fall right out. That pinpoint precision needlework looks good for about 6 months. 2 years maybe if you never go outside.

I thought it was well-known Aaron's a ******. So this shouldn't be a big surprise. 

12 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Yeah, it's a bad time in general to get involved in real estate and a bad time for us. We are going to pass. It's also a really old house that lacks modern touches; we already have that exact problem with our current house. Small doorways, short ceilings, and biggest of all, absolutely no closet space.

My dream is to one day own an inner city house with these problems.  And fix them.  Slowly.  Over a decade.  While drowning in debt.

Or just buy a Condo in a highrise instead probably actually.

33 minutes ago, D82 said:

So is it just a natural law that if one of your kids gets sick...you do too? 

Correct. My wife is a elementary school teacher and we also have a infant. Our home is a petri dish of every seasonal sickness known to man

For instance, our son got Covid from a teacher at school, 2 days later my wife got Covid and 2 days after she got it, I got it.

There is no running from it....if one person gets sick everybody gets sick and kids get sick a LOT.

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Correct. My wife is a elementary school teacher and we also have a infant. Our home is a petri dish of every seasonal sickness known to man

For instance, our son got Covid from a teacher at school, 2 days later my wife got Covid and 2 days after she got it, I got it.

There is no running from it....if one person gets sick everybody gets sick and kids get sick a LOT.

It's just BS. I'm around kids all the time for work, rarely get sick. These guys are here for three days and I got hit. 😂

2 hours ago, D82 said:

So is it just a natural law that if one of your kids gets sick...you do too? 

The worst part is how much energy they still have when sick, while your gas tank sits on "E". It makes being miserable twice as miserable. Get use to it.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

The worst part is how much energy they still have when sick, while your gas tank sits on "E". It makes being miserable twice as miserable. Get use to it.

I've been asking why I thought this was a good idea the last day or two 🤣

14 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Somebody brought this scene to my attention and it’s hilarious 

I only very vaguely recall this scene from F9.  I feel like i've deliberately blocked most of that movie out of my mind.  I think i've seen it 3 times now, unfortunately...and still really don't register any of it other than the space thing.

If this was a scene in a low budget action movie, i'd be like...lmao, that's obscene, and maybe even kinda like it?  But in a bazillion dollar megamovie...how on earth is that acceptable?  Like any of it.  The writing, the scene, the graphics, the concept of it, just like...NO.

There's a point somewhere around 2F2F and Tokyo Drift where it just fundamentally stopped being a "Car Movie" and became..."generic CGI action bull****".

• Like 1