What are you thinking about?

pwny

11 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

I'm seeing 19 to 31 inches of snow for Minneapolis coming through Tuesday. WTF is this February or April?

That is the kind of snow amount from a single storm more common for April rather than February but it has been a warm February for Minneapolis. 

Why do you use inches but not Fahrenheit?

Edited by JohnChimpo

18 months out from my contract expiring and entering TAP; phasing out the military starts now. Biggest goal is when I'm six months out I get an internship so I can go home early.

One contract is totally worth it for the benefits and saving/investing money, but I don't know how anyone can do anything more. The amount of time wasted on dumb crap and toxic idiots that you can't just ditch is not worth a pension.

Edited by biggie.

8 hours ago, biggie. said:

18 months out from my contract expiring and entering TAP; phasing out the military starts now. Biggest goal is when I'm six months out I get an internship so I can go home early.

One contract is totally worth it for the benefits and saving/investing money, but I don't know how anyone can do anything more. The amount of time wasted on dumb crap and toxic idiots that you can't just ditch is not worth a pension.

Served 4, got out, then did 4 years National Guard.     The thought of doing 20 made me sick.    I actually enjoyed most of my time, but so much dumb **** and power tripping idiots to deal with.    Its so much worse now.

Oh well, got a Masters degree, 70% service connection and alot of great memories out of it, so cant complain too much.

14 hours ago, 43M said:

Served 4, got out, then did 4 years National Guard.     The thought of doing 20 made me sick.    I actually enjoyed most of my time, but so much dumb **** and power tripping idiots to deal with.    Its so much worse now.

Oh well, got a Masters degree, 70% service connection and alot of great memories out of it, so cant complain too much.

The reason why there is a toxic leadership problem is the Army's asinine logic of eVeRyOnE's A lEaDeR and making it too easy to become an NCO.

Sorry, but qualing on a rifle, passing the joke that is the ACFT, memorizing a bunch of crap for the board, completing your rank's leadership course and spamming a bunch of useless correspondance courses doesn't make you a leader.

I'm going to the board sometime next month and I have zero business being an NCO. I barely know how to do my job outside of herp derp stuff and I'm not interested in being an overglorified babysitter.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, biggie. said:

The reason why there is a toxic leadership problem is the Army's asinine logic of eVeRyOnE's A lEaDeR and making it too easy to become an NCO.

Sorry, but qualing on a rifle, passing the joke that is the ACFT, memorizing a bunch of crap for the board, completing your rank's leadership course and spamming a bunch of useless corresponding courses doesn't make you a leader.

I'm going to the board sometime next month and I have zero business being an NCO. I barely know how to do my job outside of herp derp stuff and I'm not interested in being an overglorified babysitter.

The fact that they keep lowering all around standards is an absolute embarassment, not to mention extremely dangerous, all just to promote what they like to call "equity".

You all ever get kind of ****ed up watching sports and start to think about what the players are thinking about when playing? Rn watching GSW vs LAL NBA so as follows.

LeBron: Damn Curry's *** isn't here tonight. Better hope we win.

AD: I need to really step it up now.

Klay: Damn Curry's *** isn't here. Have to do this myself.

Draymond: We can't have LeBron's *** here tonight making plays. 

• Like 1