What are you thinking about?

pwny

On 2/23/2023 at 11:38 PM, NeptunePenguins said:

You all ever get kind of ****ed up watching sports and start to think about what the players are thinking about when playing? Rn watching GSW vs LAL NBA so as follows.

LeBron: Damn Curry's *** isn't here tonight. Better hope we win.

AD: I need to really step it up now.

Klay: Damn Curry's *** isn't here. Have to do this myself.

Draymond: We can't have LeBron's *** here tonight making plays. 

I actually think the same thing - but it’s more along the lines of in-play assignments:

LeBron: When Klay collapses on the inside, Curry usually rotates to the top of the key, it won’t be Curry today so I need to explode into the lane.

AD: When I see Klay collapse on the double, Bron will have the lane, I have to get the pass out fast and we can get a quick two.

Klay: When I break on AD to double, that lane might be exposed, if I get a hand up I can deflect the pass… 

Draymond: Imma kick that ***** in the nuts.

• Like 3

We have our final (hopefully) meeting with CPS today to go over the boys' entire case file and sign the official "move to  adoption" placement paperwork. 

They say it shouldn't be too much longer before we get a court date (via Zoom) where we'll go before the judge and make everything official. 

I can't wait. So ready to be done with CPS and make this final. 

• Like 12

57 minutes ago, D82 said:

We have our final (hopefully) meeting with CPS today to go over the boys' entire case file and sign the official "move to  adoption" placement paperwork. 

They say it shouldn't be too much longer before we get a court date (via Zoom) where we'll go before the judge and make everything official. 

Hell yeah brother. Happy for the 4 of you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, D82 said:

you go, dad.

• Like 1

every couple months i remember the town/school i went to grade 1-12 is labeled as a hot zone/likely cancer cluster and i spend like 4 hours reading stories and erin brokovich **** and pretend to read science reports and then get to a point where i'm like **** it whatever and then i do it again a couple months later 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

every couple months i remember the town/school i went to grade 1-12 is labeled as a hot zone/likely cancer cluster and i spend like 4 hours reading stories and erin brokovich **** and pretend to read science reports and then get to a point where i'm like **** it whatever and then i do it again a couple months later 

Dood stop doom scrolling.

Okay this is a situation that might have happened. Let's say you know a guy that's 40 years old. He is missing a hand because he had a firecracker at the age of 8 and he ended up losing it due to the accident. He was trying to open a lock and instead of using a key he used a firecracker as he was lazy. Boom, no hand.

Years and years later at 40 he is on the job and he is complaining about having only one hand until the boss comes in and said "you reaped what you sowed" and he responds "I was 8!". 

The boss continues with "a lazy 8 year old that should have known better. Like I said you reaped what you sowed" 

I told a lady friend that and she was outraged but I told her that's how bosses are supposed to speak to the lower employees to get them into their place and intimidate them. Am I right?

Edited by NeptunePenguins

1 hour ago, NeptunePenguins said:

Okay this is a situation that might have happened. Let's say you know a guy that's 40 years old. He is missing a hand because he had a firecracker at the age of 8 and he ended up losing it due to the accident. He was trying to open a lock and instead of using a key he used a firecracker as he was lazy. Boom, no hand.

Years and years later at 40 he is on the job and he is complaining about having only one hand until the boss comes in and said "you reaped what you sowed" and he responds "I was 8!". 

The boss continues with "a lazy 8 year old that should have known better. Like I said you reaped what you sowed" 

I told a lady friend that and she was outraged but I told her that's how bosses are supposed to speak to the lower employees to get them into their place and intimidate them. Am I right?

YTA 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dome said:

YTA 

This is a hypothetical question lol. Plus I sort of witnessed a very similar situation in a friend group just now. I added the last part as a sort of push to get people to agree that this guy is an *** yeah because it feels sadly most people are sticking up for the"boss" well admin in the situation. I had to make up the context as if I were to explain the situation fully, then someone might possibly know these people and I get kicked out of the friend group for being a telling on them (I got kicked out of this said friend group 2 years ago for talking bad about one person talking about being violent).

10 minutes ago, NeptunePenguins said:

This is a hypothetical question lol. Plus I sort of witnessed a very similar situation in a friend group just now. I added the last part as a sort of push to get people to agree that this guy is an *** yeah because it feels sadly most people are sticking up for the"boss" well admin in the situation. I had to make up the context as if I were to explain the situation fully, then someone might possibly know these people and I get kicked out of the friend group for being a telling on them (I got kicked out of this said friend group 2 years ago for talking bad about one person talking about being violent).

Jonah Hill Ok GIF

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

Is This Real Life Drugs GIF

9 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

Imagine telling someone you reap what you sow when they made a dangerous decision as an 8 year old.

Where were the parents? How’d the kid get explosives?

Now if you want to talk about a 40 year old in a dead end job because they dropped out and refused every warning from every parent and teacher along the way, then sure, that’s an 18 year body of work as opposed to a one time decision from a kid who probably just learned how to tie their shoes.

9 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

Sounds like a cconocool production

• Like 2