What are you thinking about?

pwny

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I wonder if Jack cares at all or if he's still just counting money. 

He's working on Bluesky, which is basically the nuts and bolts of twitter infastructure that he wants to release as a separate product that other companies could integrate. His goal is to remove the ability of apps like Twitter to ban people entirely, they'd still be banned from whatever community banned them, but could use the account for other communities.

At a very high level, it seems like a good idea.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Can I get a “pics or it didn’t happen” follow up from Musk here? My word.

First tweet is as close to verbal confirmation as "I am humanly incapable of admitting fault" as we'll ever get.

Second tweet makes the little kid in me who wanted to grow up and be a lawyer giggle. I wonder how much extra they're paying him to stay on, presumably his job responsibilities start and end with "don't sue Elon please".

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

First tweet is as close to verbal confirmation as "I am humanly incapable of admitting fault" as we'll ever get.

Second tweet makes the little kid in me who wanted to grow up and be a lawyer giggle. I wonder how much extra they're paying him to stay on, presumably his job responsibilities start and end with "don't sue Elon please".

Getting paid to do whatever you want with a trump card not to get fired is as close to a post hypnotic Peter Gibbons Office Space as we will ever get.

hypothetical office space GIF

• Like 1

One of my favorite high school teachers was an older guy close to retirement age that only taught gym and government/economics and he was easily sidetracked for an entire class period if he got talking about his experience as a paratrooper in Vietnam and would exclaim “airborne!” whenever something positive happened. Sweetest guy. My mom actually had him in school and he was a hardass back then, but I got the cool mentor version. Former football coach, so he took a particular interest in me and other football players and seemed to love teaching PE. He retired after my senior year and bought an rv so he could travel america and visit historical sites like Gettysburg. 

I was just getting my blood drawn like usual and ran into his wife. She said she just found out she has breast cancer and was going home then to let him know. I didn’t know what to say back to that. What a bummer for both of them. 

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

gneqzjbwfnx3ig5qbuhx 

Um. You got a street lined with port-a-pots named after Sean Taylor thanks to this guy.

Those toilets would be stranded on a boring numbered road otherwise. Remember that.

(and no. I have not watched a single game since that incident)